1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Low cost 2DOF/3DOF/6DOF motion simulator - DOF REALITY

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Radioproffi, May 23, 2016.

1. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    https://streamable.com/6w3s3

Dirt 3 is so cool with the 6p. You feel the jumping of the car and I just set up the motors's power to 20-30 %.

I have hard time to drive in project cars 2. Much easier to drive in dirt 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    I have paid no customs and for the shipping , dofreality handled it as part of the price paid
  3. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    Can anyone please suggest a way to sound proof and vibration proof the floor on which I would have the 6dof sit?
    I have people living in the apartment below mine and i play late evenings and the vibrations can be felt even in the other room of my apartment .

Thanks!
  4. Mpmo

Mpmo Member

Balance:
    1,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -0
    Dirt 3? ohh you play flat screen i'm assuming. Are you the guy on the pimax forums who is waiting for his pimax + ordered a katwalk vr lol..?
  5. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    I have an HTC vive too and a dk2, but I am not going to use them for car sim. I am waiting for the pimax 8k to enjoy the wider fov on the dofreality 6 dof.

Dirt 3 can be played on a vr hedset using vorpx. When I get the 8k I will try
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  6. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    Hi Rene, i would love to hear your impressions about the p6 compared to the p3 and also please some feedback about setting the right power to the different axes for different games.
    When I see people playing games with the p3 , it looks like ppl are having cool feedback from the p3. I am not sure how it compares with the p6 . Do you feel it is more cool or less cool ?
  7. Rene Leitinger

Rene Leitinger New Member

Balance:
    - 43Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi Marco!
    When its arrived and builded up i can!
    But the package will arrive at january 7 2019.

How long does your shipping take?
  8. greatg67

greatg67 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    509Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    My P6 will be arriving on Jan 7 as well. Just wondering if anyone has a put together a setup video or instructions? I understand that DOF is still in the process of writing up a guide?
  9. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    Ok. Thank you so much. It took about 1 week
  10. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    When I mounted it there was no official video or pdf guide yet. Though I was able to mount it with the help of dofreality 's crew.

The base it is the only different part from the p3 but the base it is easy to mount . Dofreality shared a few simple pictures explaining how to mount the base.

The upper part is same as the p3 so you can use the online instructions in video format for that.

Overall the mounting is not hard at all
    It is just a lot of screwing and in my case it took a while because I did it by hand and not with a driller.

The most challenging part to mount for me were the sleeves of the chair and the chair on top of the sleeves.

Of course I could help with any help though i think dofreality do a great job in helping us with any question we have

Regarding the software installation , dofreality also helped a lot with it even remotely accessing my pc.

The cool part of all is that it seems that there is no need to set the chair in a balanced position. It is more of a plug and play compared to what I heard the p3 needed in terms of balancing the chair on the rig
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  11. greatg67

greatg67 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    509Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    What about the motor arrangements and connections to the controller box? Do the motors need to be arranged in a specific order?
  12. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    They will send you 2 pictures with how to set them up the motors and the box, but it is pretty easy. The base is an exhagon and the 3 blocks of motors (each block has 2 motors) go on only 3 sides of the 6 sides of the hexagon . There is no specific order for the 3 blocks of motors.

You will have 2 box , a left and a right box. The left box receive all the connectors from the 3 left motors and the right box will receive all the connectors from the the 3 right motors .

Each motor has 2 plugs coming out from them. A power plug and another plug. There are 3 sets of inlets in each box (each of the 3 inlet is grouped in 2 connectors, the 2 connectors coming from each motor). The only order you have to match is the order of the 3 motors to connects in each of the 3 set of inlet of each box. They will send you a picture for that . It is easier to look than to write. Pretty easy. I labeled my cables and box
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. KNX873

KNX873 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    I don’t see the 6 DOF on there site? Does anybody have experience with using a Mige motor on this platform?
  14. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
  15. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    Hi. I noticed that this video
    https://streamable.com/6w3s3
    I made of the movements on the axes was done while the setting was being set to 100%

I need to remake the video when set to less than 100%

20181229_190300.jpg 20181229_190310.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  16. Mpmo

Mpmo Member

Balance:
    1,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -0
    ohh thanks a lot!! very nice indeed
  17. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    It seems that set to 100 % , the movements are not limited , while if we get to lower numbers than 100%, we start limiting/smooting the movement
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Soma888

Soma888 New Member

Balance:
    149Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Did you fix this? What part of the system is vibrating? Are the motor arms hitting the floor?

Thanks
  19. Rene Leitinger

Rene Leitinger New Member

Balance:
    - 43Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    I think he is meaning the feets from the hexagon.
    They are from plastic material and cant dampen the vibrations from the motions.

I can highly recommend this feets:
    ELUFLEX Feets

They are not cheap but they are awesome in dampening!
  20. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    The motor arms do not hit the floor.

I think the noise is part due to the way the rig is and part to my seat sliders and cheap seat overall.

But I would not be fair to say I am completely right in what I say because I am a newbye on sim car rigs and this is why i am looking forward myself to who already own a p3 to test the p6 and share their impression and knowledge.

Please, do not take everything I say for right , because I am new in the use of any motion sim