1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
value1

Codemasters F1 2018 plugin 2.0.1.0

SimTools plugin for Codemasters F1 2018

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @DPR
    Unfortunately I don't have enough info on your setup to help.
    Maybe open a thread and we can look into why you have no motion.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Michael Maggio

Michael Maggio New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Same here I tried but still no motion on this game.
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @moaale,
    At some point buddy, you should just get a plugin package from Rene.
    Seems like you would use it allot man.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  4. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
  5. DPR

DPR New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    85Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Yes.. it was me being "distracted" ;) i needed to allow UDP in F12018. works PEREFCTLY .. thank you for all your help. DPR
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jaymac7

jaymac7 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    My name is Jeremy. This is a cross post from the new member/FAQ, but I'm hoping this post might gain some more attention here. I’m new to the community after using X-sim previously. I run a 2DOF rig with SCN5 actuators. I made the switch to SimTools because I could not get motion to work in F1 2018 with X-Sim.
    Now, however, I cannot get motion to work in either game with SimTools. I downloaded the plugins for each game and added them to the game manager. I assigned the axes and tested the outputs. All axes are working correctly and loading correctly when the engine launches.
    The game is set to UDP ON, but still produces no motion.
    I already tried the previous suggestion of unpatch/race/repatch, but no luck.
    Am I missing something obvious?
    Can anyone offer help or suggestions?
    Thank you,
    Jeremy
  7. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    UDP ON?
    What other game do you have going with SimTools buddy?
  8. jaymac7

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Yes, UPD is on. I tried every combo of UPD on/D-box off/on; broadcast off/on. Tried restarting engine and manager; unpatching/run a race/repatching. Nothing has worked yet.
    I also downloaded the plugin for F1 2016 and tried that with the 2018 profile. Also did not work.
    I only bought the simtools today. The only game I’ve every run on my simulator was F1 2016 for the last 2 years. I just bought 2018 last week and couldn’t get it to work with X-sim. The buddy who helped me build the simulator suggested I get SimTools instead. He was able to produce movement on his simulator (same as mine) through Team Viewer playing F1 2018.
    So to answer your question, I don’t run any other games; I only have 2016 and 2018 and I only have them both on the SimTools game manager with their plugins since this morning.
  9. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    You don't need to edit the patches by hand is why i asked.
    Are you on a 64bit or 32bit PC?
    (As it matters where you patch the game depending.)
    Did you setup axis assignments for the games?

Maybe open a thread on your setup, and I'm sure we can get you going.
    chat soon,
    yobuddy
  10. jaymac7

Balance:
    303Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    As far as the patches go, I just unpatched and repatched like I saw you recommend to someone in an earlier post who was having the same problem as me.
    I’m on a 64 bit PC.
    I set up axis assignments and they all work when tested in the Output Test.
    Which forum should I start a thread in to get the most views and help? And what info is most relevant to troubleshoot the issue?
    I’m not very tech savvy, unfortunately. My friend did all the techy components and heavy lifting on the build; I just picked accessories and paid him for his time. He’s been trying to help via team viewer, but he can’t figure out why it’s not working on my end. He says it works perfectly fine on his end...
  11. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
  12. Sarge

Sarge Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 181Coins
    Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I spent today messing around with this plugin, a little late to the party I know. However, I just wanted to document a few issues I had. I'm not sure if others have had these issues, but it may help someone.

So, from the beginning;

I patched the game as normal following a short 3 lap quick race, however, during my usual testing procedure, no matter how I changed my settings in both tuning centre and the percentages of movement for my actuators, I couldn't seem to get any roll or any surge movement. On top of this, I couldn't really get any of the other axis's to work in a normal smooth fashion neither.

Tuning centre was reporting movement, but I'm going to describe it as noisy for now.

For example, if I accelerated from a standing start, I would usually get a smooth lift on the front of my cockpit, however, on F1 2018, the best I could get was a sharp very short lift which bounced abruptly from '0' to '2' giving a sensation that my cockpit was getting stuck at the start of the surge axis. The same issue was also happening with the roll axis, so basically during driving, all I was getting was a 'noisy' cockpit with very minimal movement.

Naturally, I thought I may need to use the invert axis's, or make the axis larger, but none of those solutions worked. I then used the volume slider in game manager to drop down from 90% to 80%. While this helped with the 'noise', it didn't help with the movement.

Finally as a shot in the dark, I switched F1 2018 to 'legacy' mode from within the game. After yet another drive around, I found this solved my issues. Movement is now what I would consider as normal for my setup.

One small tip for those using simhub with F1 2018, if you use 'legacy' mode within the game for motion, you will need to use the F1 2017 plugin. Set the port from the game as 20776, then port use the port forward option in simhub to send to 20777. You will then be able to use simhub and simtools together. Make sure you launch the game via simhub so the port forwarding works.

Hope this helps someone out.

If anyone does have this game working normally with motion using the 2018 udp, please let me know what you did to achieve it.

Cheers,

Sarge
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Majony

Majony Member

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    What can i change to Legacy Mod?
    I dont recived nothing telemetry, game engine working and game manager too. Path to my documents (64 bits) correct
    I have the Headline edition i dont know if its an problem
    Cheers
  14. Majony

Majony Member

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Well its all ok, thats UPD, i thought that by patching the plugin you already get as activated inside the game, my mistake.
    Thanks
  15. HoiHman

HoiHman Active Member

Mechanic
    Balance:
    330Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    Is it correct this plug-in uses port 20777?

Simcommander have switched to 20777 to and using both together does not work.

Is it possible to change the used port in the plugin and use the proxy server to forward to other ports. For example game out: 10002, simtools 4132 and simcommander 20777?
  16. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
  17. HoiHman

HoiHman Active Member

Mechanic
    Balance:
    330Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    Thanks @yobuddy , but that doesn't work.

With the new telemetry broadcast output you can only use one UPD out not multiple any more.
    All 3rd party apps should be able to share the same port, but as it seems some claim the port entirely and block all other apps.

So the easiest option is to use multiple ports and the simbroadcaster proxy server. In order to do that i need to re assign the ports in each app.

If possible.
  18. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    I believe it still works as the game supports legacy telemetry mode to be compatible with older titles.
    But why would you use SimTools and SimCommander at the same time anyway?
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  19. HoiHman

HoiHman Active Member

Mechanic
    Balance:
    330Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    Because i have an AccuForce.
    I have tried editing the hardwaresettings config manually but it does not work. Sharing ports at 20777 should work, but it's seems like all 3rd parties fully claim the port and are not letting other programs use it, so only one program can connect to the game.
  20. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    I don't believe the game is using port 20777 thou, but you can check.
    Open Game Manger and click the "Profile Editor" button.
    Then goto the "More" page and look and the listed "Port Used".
    Take care,
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 1