1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom 3DOF (Pitch, Roll, Heave) with TripleScreen

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by vin100lorant, Dec 27, 2018.

1. vin100lorant

vin100lorant New Member Gold Contributor

Professeur Electrotechnique
    Balance:
    191Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello,
    It's been four years since my passion was born with the realization of my first simulator.
    Throughout the evolution of my simulator, I kept in mind to use materials recovery, because it quickly becomes very expensive otherwise!
    I remain a small player (in both senses of the word) compared to the majority of you.
    But I was happy to be able to find resources on the net thanks to community sharing ... so my turn.

• Below my first very modest achievement that allowed me to move my seat for the first time ... and I'm not ashamed to show it!
    It was based on 2DOF, with 2 12v DC motors for heavy vehicle wiper.

• 2 years later I added a 3rd engine allowing me to realize the feeling of vertical sagging of the chassis.
    But that had these limits. One motor has finished to break...no comment.

• I ended up buying, this year, a kit of 3 400w motors at simukit and hop, at work! -> Version 3
    Below is a video of my simulator tested by my students last October.

Since then, some changes have been made, and others are scheduled in the coming weeks ...
    Waiting...

- 3 DC motors 24V-400W (simukit)
    - 1 power supply 24V-1000W (Simukit)
    - 3 scooter's dampers
    - structure made with school tables
    - triple screen 24"
    - CSW V2.5 + Hub + Rallye wheel + shifter sq v1.5
    - 5.1 Logitech
    - pedals DIY with master cylinder, hall sensor, motor for vibration
    - Trackir DIY
    - I5 5600k, 16Go, GTX1080
    - X-SIM
  2. vin100lorant

vin100lorant New Member Gold Contributor

Professeur Electrotechnique
    Balance:
    191Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I forgot to mention that I came to this site because I aim to use simtools.
    Currently, you understand, I'm on X-SIM.
    If at times there are charitable souls:) ... I may be able to change my system before putting it back in the test phase with my students