1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Billo's 6dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by billo2404, Dec 10, 2018.

1. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hello everyone, in reality it is not a project in progress since when I realized the AMC1280USB was not fully exploited with simtools.
    Now that finally with the new Hexpod plugin you can take advantage of all the functions I decided to update the form and the location so I would like to share from here on.
    The changes are not noticed very much but have greatly improved the amplitude of the movements and the management of the simulaotre:
    1) AMC was housed inside the box, a useful solution for space but uncomfortable and dangerous when working on the setting so I decided to remove it to manage it in complete safety.
    2) the support of the electronics has been reduced by about 8cm since in the most extreme excursions the motor rods could reach the box damaging it.
    3) rotate the motors by 180 ° the center of the reducer has risen even more and the engines are now in the lower part so in the braking phase (using both surge and pitch) you do not risk that the post can hit on them.
    4) made of supports for the adaptive potentiometers in order to avoid any radial stress on the shaft
    Even the fairing (not present in these photos) has been modified in order to obtain greater possibility of movement.
    These were the improvements made after a couple of years of use.
    Regarding the software the AMC has been updated to the latest 3.5 firmware and replaced the original plugin with that of Hexpod, and finally installed simtools 2.3
    Tomorrow I will try to show you the fairing and the top station, even you new, then I will ask you also some advice on the inverters that are giving me problems after the update.
    If you have any kind of advice, just say;)

Salve a tutti, in realtà non si tratta di un progetto in corso visto che quando l'ho realizzato la AMC1280USB non veniva sfruttata a pieno con simtools.
    Ora che finalmente con il nuovo plugin di Hexpod si possono sfruttare tutte le funzioni ho deciso di aggiornare la forma e la postazione quindi vorrei condividere da qui in poi.
    Le modifiche non si notano tantissimo ma hanno migliorato molto l'ampiezza dei movimenti e la gestione del simulaotre:
    1) la AMC era alloggiata all' interno del box, soluzione utile per lo spazio ma scomoda e pericolosa al momento in cui si lavorava sul setting percui ho deciso di rimuoverla per gestirla in tutta sicurezza.
    2) il supporto dell' elettronica è stato ribassato di circa 8cm visto che nelle escursioni più estreme le aste dei motori potevano arrivare addosso al box danneggiandolo.
    3) ruotati i motori di 180° il centro del riduttore si è alzato ancora di più e i motori si trvano ora nella parte bassa cosi in fase di frenata (usando sia surge che pitch) non si rischia che la postazione possa urtare su di essi.
    4) realizzato dei supporti per i potenziomentri adattativi in modo da scongiurare qualsiasi sforzo radiale sull' alberino
    Anche la carenatura (non presente in queste foto) è stata modificata allo scopo di ottenere maggior possibilità di movimento.
    Queste sono state le migliorie apportate dopo un paio di anni di utilizzo.
    Per quanto riguarda il software la AMC è stata aggiornata all' ultimo firmware 3.5 e sostituito il plugin originale con quello di Hexpod, e finalmente istallato simtools 2.3
    Domani cercherò di farvi vedere la carenatura e la postazione superiore anche lei nuova, poi vi chiederò anche qualche consiglio sugli inverter che mi stanno dando problemi dopo l'aggiornamento.
    Se avete consigli di qualsasi tipo dite pure ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,543Coins
    Ratings:
    +453 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    looking good ! - can you tell us about you motors and gearboxes ?

hope to see a video soon
  3. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    the engines are 1380 rpm 0,75 Kw (1 Hp) and the gearbox 1:60

i motori sono 1380 rpm 0,75 Kw (1 Hp) e il riduttore 1:60
    • Like Like x 1
  4. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    as promised I update with the current state of the sim.
    However, the hardware and software changes have brought me a small power problem.
    I have to decide whether to replace the inverters or feed them with a three-phase transformer from 380V to 220 three-phase
    I'll keep you up-to-date ;)

come promesso aggiorno con lo stato attuale del sim.
    Le modifiche hardware e software però mi hanno portato un piccolo problema di alimentazione.
    dovro decidere se sostituire gli inverter oppure alimentarli con u traformatore trifase dalla 380V alla 220 trifase
    Vi terro aggiornati ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,543Coins
    Ratings:
    +453 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    are you pulling more current than the 220v can supply ?
  6. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    No, my inverters are 220 three-phase and not 220 single-phase.
    I could use the 380V and get the 220 three-phase with a transformer, but, since I would like to start a new project, I would like to make it 100% usable with 220 single-phase to be able to sell more easily because few have the 380 home.
    Up to now it has always worked perfectly even with the single phase, but obviously the new setup loads more front engines and occasionally go into alarm.
    If I have to sell I want it to be 101% efficient
    Today I tried to feed the two phases with a bridged and neutral in the other entrance but the result has not changed.
    I have some other paper to try but then I will go on to evaluate the purchase of new single phase inverters to solve the problem permanently

No, i miei inverter sono 220 trifase e non 220 monofase.
    Avrei la possibilità di usare la 380V e ricavare la 220 trifase con un trasformatore, ma, visto che vorrei iniziare un nuovo progetto, vorrei renderlo utilizzabile al 100% con 220 monofase per poterlo vendere più facilmente visto che pochi hanno la 380 a casa.
    Fino ad oggi ha sempre lavorato perfettamente anche con la monofase, ma evidentemente il nuovo setup carica di più i motori anteriori e ogni tanto vanno in allarme.
    Se lo devo vendere voglio che sia efficiente al 101%
    Oggi ho provato ad alimentare le due fasi con una ponticellata e neutro nell'altro ingresso ma il risultato non è cambiato.
    Ho qualche altra carta da tentare ma poi passerò a valutare l' acquisto di nuovi inverter monofase per risolvere il problema definitivamente
  7. titomaky

titomaky Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    175Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    why do not you try to put a capacitor and convert your motors to single-phase
  8. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    the problem is incoming and not outgoing

il problema è in ingresso e non in uscita