1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question inverter problems in protection after update (6dof)

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by billo2404, Dec 8, 2018.

1. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hi guys, after a long update of the sim done in his free time I'm very happy with the improvements arrived with the new firmware and with the plugin of hexpod and simtools.

But now I find a problem that did not happen to me before:

Also keeping the acceleration and deceleration ramps very high and low P the inverters that support the greater weight (the front ones) often go to the alarm and stop.

my inverter is OMRON 3G3MV-A2007

When I bought them the seller told me that it was a 220-phase three-phase inverter but could be used safely even at 220 single-phase.

The error message is 'U_U'

Do you think the problem can be solved by feeding a 220-phase or is another the reason for the problem?

I am attaching the manual if you want to give it a look

www.fa.omron.com.cn/data_pdf/closed/mnu/i527-e1-06_3g3mv.pdf?id=77

Thanks in advance

Salve ragazzi, dopo un lungo aggiornamento del sim fatto nel tempo libero sono molto felice delle migliorie arrivate con il nuovo firmware e con il plugin di hexpod e simtools.

Ora però riscontro un problema che non mi capitava prima:

Anche tenendo le rampe di accellerazione e decellerazione molto alte e P basso gli inverter che sostengono il maggiore peso (quelli anteriori) vanno spesso i allarme e si fermano.

il mio inverter è OMRON 3G3MV-A2007

Quando li ho acquistati il venditore mi ha detto che si trattava di inverter 220 trifase ma potevano essere utilizzati tranquillamente anche a 220 monofase.

Il messaggio di errore è "U_U"

Secondo voi il problema si può risolvere alimentando a 220 trifase o è un altro il motivo del problema?

Vi allego il manuale se volete dargli un occhiata

grazie in anticipo
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF

Hey Billo,

Did you try the latest firmware here?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwr3jasq6ri0q5l/AMC1280USB firmware v3.5 rev1a.7z?dl=0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Thanks Thanos !!!!
    Not yet .... I did not know it was out ... I'll certainly try tonight or at most tomorrow.
    What's new?

Grazie Thanos!!!!
    Non ancora....non sapevo che fosse uscito...proverò sicuramente stasera o al massimo domani.
    Quali sono le novità?
  4. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Its a rework for the serial communications to make it impossible to mess up the connection settings and it also checks for proper packets to ensure only complete information will pass into the controller. The kill switch and request ID features are now fixed to work together without blocking each other, and its always recognized now by the Hexpod driver even if other USB controllers are connected on the computer (Joysticks, steering wheels, other type actuators, dashboard etc.)

Includes the necessary software upgrades for all motion software solutions as both firmware and software must match the new protocol. The new protocol is featuring data transfer of 8axis now, to allow compatibility with new hardware developments in works (other newer AMC controllers for servos)

Let me know how it works

Thanks
    • Like Like x 1
  5. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    tested the firmware seems to work everything ok with simtools, with (xsim I have not tried yet).
    Unfortunately, the problem of the alarm U_u_1 on inverter n1 and n6 (frontal) remains
    Now do you think I would solve with single-phase inverter?
    I'm evaluating these which are 1.5 KW single-phase vector vfd and do not cost too much.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1-5K...ellbare-Geschwindigkeit/32895140834.html?spm= a2g0x.search0104.3.84.6f1c2582T1XIou & ws_ab_test = searchweb0_0 2Csearchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_454_10083_10618_10304_10307_10820_10821_538_537_10302_536_10843_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103%%% 2Csearchweb201603_51 2CppcSwitch_0 & algo_pvid = 739c1cb2-a8ed-4605-9718-de3464ff84a4 & algo_expid = 739c1cb2-a8ed-4605-9718-de3464ff84a4-10

could they be fine?

testato il firmware sembra lavorare tutto ok con simtools, con (xsim non ho ancora provato).
    Purtroppo resta il problema dell' allarme U_u_1 sull'inverter n1 e n6 (frontali)
    Ora secondo te risolverei con inverter monofase?
    Sto valutando questi che sono vfd vettoriali da 1,5 KW monofase e non costano eccessivamente.
    https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1-5K...expid=739c1cb2-a8ed-4605-9718-de3464ff84a4-10
    potrebbero andare bene?
  6. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
  7. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

In the manual I see that the "Uu1" error you get has this description:

Main circuit undervoltage (UV1) The main circuit DC voltage has reached the undervoltage detection level (200 V DC for the 3G3MV-A2, 160 V DC for the 3G3MV-AB, and 400 V DC for the 3G3MV-A4)

• Power supply to the Inverter has phase loss, power input terminal screws are loose, or the power cable is disconnected. → Check the above and take necessary countermeasures.
    • Incorrect power supply voltage → Make sure that the power supply voltage is within specifications.
    • Momentary power interruption has occurred. → Use the momentary power interruption compensation (Set n081 so that the Inverter restarts after power is restored) → Improve the power supply.
    • The internal circuitry of the Inverter is damaged. → Change the Inverter.

A quick question, you said this is happening when you decrease the acceleration - decceleration values. Do you have Brake Resistors attached on the VFD Inverters?

Omron 3G3MV braking resistor.jpg

Thanks
    Thanos
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    first of all thanks for the help.
    the problem started when I updated the simulator, new firmware and plugins hexpod and simtools and at the same time a new, heavier and more forward position to better center the center of gravity.
    I think mainly the cause is the variation of effort on the front engines in fact the only inverters that go into alarm are only 1 and 6.
    I have the braking resistance mounted.
    I reduced the accelerations after the problem presented itself so it can not be the cause.
    These are 220 three-phase and not single-phase inverters.
    However, when I pointed this out to the seller, he told me that I could safely feed them with only 220 single-phase.
    Now I could also use a transformer starting from 380 to get the three-phase 220 but since I would like to sell it to build a new one with linear actuators this could be an obstacle.
    I would like to try to understand with confidence if the cause is this before buying new inverters and risking not solving the problem.
    Do you think I would solve by mounting a 220v single-phase inverter or would I risk being in the same condition?
    I hope that through the translator the speech will not be too distorted, unfortunately I do not speak English, please be patient :D

innanzitutto grazie per l'aiuto.
    il problema è iniziato quando ho aggiornato il simulatore, nuovi firmware e plugin hexpod e simtools e contemporaneamente nuova postazione più pesante e più spostata in avanti per centrare meglio il centro di gravità.
    Penso principalmente la causa sia la variazione di sforzo sui motori anteriori infatti gli unici inverter che vanno in allarme sono solo 1 e 6.
    Ho la resistenza di frenatura montata.
    Ho ridotto le accelerazioni dopo che il problema si è presentato quindi non può essere la causa.
    Questi sono inverter 220 trifase e non monofase.
    Tuttavia quando l'ho fatto notare al venditore, lui mi ha detto che potevo alimentarli tranquillamente con la sola 220 monofase.
    Ora potrei anche utilizzare un trasformatore partendo dalla 380 per ottenere la trifase 220 ma visto che mi piacerebbe venderlo per costruirne uno nuovo con attuatori lineari questo potrebbe essere un ostacolo.
    Vorrei cercare di capire con sicurezza se la causa è questa prima di acquistare nuovi inverter e rischiare di non risolvere il problema.
    Pensi che risolverei montando inverter monofase 220v o rischierei di trovarmi nella stessa condizione?
    Spero che tramite traduttore i discorso non venga troppo stravolto, purtroppo non parlo inglese, porta pazienza :D
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  9. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    In the manual it says you can still use 3-phase models on single phase power if you connect a jumper blade or thick wire on R/L1 and S/L2 (both connected to Live), and connect the Neutral to T/L3:

Omron 3G3MV power terminal.jpg

Can you take a photo of the power terminal wiring you have?

Thanks
    Thanos
  10. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    interesting .... I now use only R / L1 and S / L2 (phase and neutral)
    I'm very curious to try .... risk of blowing up? :D

interessante .... io ora uso solo R / L1 e S / L2 (fase e neutro)
    Sono curiosissimo di provare .... rischio di saltare in aria? :D

Attached Files:

11. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Hmm, the manual actually does not show any wiring example for single phase power....
    My opinion, forget what I said, don't do that, i don't want you to blow up something.

Perhaps you are not using thick enough power cables and there is voltage drop on the lines. Did you measure it while the motors are on to see the voltage?
  12. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    But on that page did you read this possibility?
    I can not find it in the Italian manual.
    I'm asking for confirmation from some local technicians, but I'd like to see it in the manual

Ma in quele pagina hai letto questa possibilità?
    Nel manuale in italiano non lo trovo.
    Sto chiedendo conferme a alcuni tecnici locali ma vorrei vederlo nel manuale