1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I stumbled on this site googleing for how to make some sort of racing chair.
    After joining and spending whole working week looking at posts, reading and trying to get a whole picture, I`ve decided to make a topic for new members.
    Maybe I`ve missed existing thread about this so moderators please correct me if I`m wrong (off topic is not good place).
    My conclusion is that too many people are joining and their first post is ...thanks for your work, how to do this....
    IMO this is somehow rude, cause I understood that this community works in the way of mutual sharing of ideas, helping each other, and newcomers should at least introduce them self to the community, and also in short explain their intent about what are they trying to build.
    I don`t want to name the guys who are to be HONORED for all the stuff they presented to the community cause I`ll miss someone and that would also be very rude, so I`ll just say:

I`m OVERWHELMED with information found at this site, and can`t THANK enough all for everything they produced so far!!! :clap:
    You guys inspired me to enter the world of robotics and craftsmanship!!

And now to introduce myself:

My name is Igor from Serbia. I have basic knowledge of electronics, advanced skills in computer networking, excellent soldering skills, pretty good craftsman skills and all the tool needed for building motion simulators. Here we have good suppliers of electronic components and all the hardware related to sim projects.
    Concerning all mentioned, there`s only one conclusion:
    I`m STARTING to build my own racing simulator ASAP. It would be 2DOF with viper motors which is enough for first project.
    You`ll be informed about the progress so, thank you all once again. :cheers:

BR, Igor
    • Like Like x 35
    • Agree Agree x 17
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: NEW MEMBER

Welcome Igor.

Just to add something: All simulator builders should post their location on the world map. You will probably never know otherwise that your neighbor is up to the same project as you. https://www.xsimulator.net/community/memberMap/

Regards, Thanos :cheers:
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2021
  3. Alviomsim

Alviomsim New Member

Electronic Assembler
    Balance:
    344Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome

Welcome to the Forum...Regards
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0

Hi Tanos,
    I did entered my location, and looks like you (in Athens) and pointer4 (in Budapest) are my closest neighbors :)
    Maybe some other members didn`t set their location so I encourage all to do so.
    BR, Igor
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yeee, the eastern region multiplies finally :thbup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT

Hi Igor,

welcome to the community :) I like your idea of a New Member thread. As nearly everyone´s goal in beeing a member of the x-sim community is to build a motion simulator, most of them spent their time here in the DIY motion simulator projects section, so i think it is suitable to introduce themself here.

I recommended to rename your thread into Are you a new member? Introduce here.

When members feedback is well, we could stick that thread on top of that forum.

:cheers: :cheers:

regards
    René
    • Like Like x 1
  7. fermevc

fermevc Member

Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    @ Raceray
    Subject changed :)
    Thanks for welcome guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. treeman7199

treeman7199 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Gang,

I am also a new member here. I am also a Noob when it comes to electronics.
    I am attempting to build a simulator using 1 hp ac gearmotors and a galil controller.
    Im sure Im going to be asking a lot of questions.

Steve
    Connecticut, USA
  9. srdjan

srdjan New Member

professor of foreign languages
    Balance:
    349Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Igor,

There are some of us from Montenegro.
    Pozdrav
    • Like Like x 1
  10. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  11. Leedo

Leedo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings,

A forum lurker here lol.

I've been browsing this forum lately and it's quite fascinating to read about all of the X-Sim development and projects here--quite impressive.

Although I have almost zero programming or mechanical skills to speak of, I am a sim racing nut (iRacing mostly) and would love to have a motion setup at some point, and from reading stuff here that seems like it's getting more and more attainable for the average sim racer.

Regards from Illinois, USA
  12. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Leedo,

i bid you welcome :cheers: I noticed a lot of guys from the USA prefer to drive iRacing. (more as from other parts of the world)
    Can you explain in three words the benefits of it, in comprehension to , for example rfactor? I am only hesitate to try it out because of the a regulary costs.

regards
    René
  13. Leedo

Leedo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi René,

Three words...hmm:

Extremely nuanced tracks.

PS Not sure if those three words help, but I can write more on my impressions of the pros and cons of iRacing if you'd like--they'd only be opinions but hopefully they'd be somewhat objective.
  14. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes, i am really interested in the pros and cons. When you like, you can write something about it here:
    off-topic-f5.html

So we can keep that thread here clear for new members :)

regards
    René
  15. Leedo

Leedo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK--I'll try to put some coherent thoughts together.
  16. MasterTurk

MasterTurk New Member

Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Motion platform
    hi,
    i forgot to introduce myself but here i am.
    my name is Adam and i live in the Netherlands.

After several hours of search for the best and not to expensive simulatorbuild i saw this site gladly.
    I also want to build/buy this x-sim simulator so that i can have more and more fun in racing. I read some topics about how to start and buy and built etc.. and i said to myself that this is not going to be easy :). So hopefully when i have some noob or difficult questions you guys can help me with it :).

Greetings, Adam
  17. Kraut08

Kraut08 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi am am also new to the board but not new to the scene.
    I am into racingsimulations all my life and got the infos of motion sim from other boardmembers.

I am currently after the perfect visual simulation and will proceed to motionimplementation after succeeding with this task.

MY current issues and Staus of the Project are posted here

Regards

Torsten
  18. minikase

minikase Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I am new in this community,

My name is Karsten and I am very interested to bring some motion in my raceplace.
    I find this community some times ago through the marketing of egoexpress @ GTR-30.net

Now the time is coming, that I will realize my dream of a e(motion)al Raceplace.

Cheers Karsten :hi:
  19. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok...I am a new member and I have alredy made some posts and placed myself on the map. I am the only Norwegian here (at least on the map) My first idea was doing something with servo-motors, but after some replies here, i have desided to try with AMR, H-bridge and vipermotors. I think my nearest member are about 2000 km from here (only 24 hours driving) I will have to use some time to do this, as i have a lot of other projects including family, but i have started looking for parts for the elektroniks. I vill try making the elektroniks first, the rest I am not worried about, as I like to build stuff!!! I will use it driving racing games, and hopefully my kids will be able to enjoy it to before they grow up. Me myself will never grow up!!! :rofl: This is a very interesting forum. thanks to all contributors!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. johnfatboy

johnfatboy New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am on my way hopefully to a diy motion-simulator, I hope i will be able to accomplish that with the help of some experienced members. The more I learn, the more I can finish my sim and the more can then help others.

:D
    • Like Like x 1