1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Scattered output values

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by stelian78, Mar 10, 2018.

1. stelian78

stelian78 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 333Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Motion platform
    The Rig:
    A custom built commercial 3DOF, using Thanos AMC1280 over serial (usb)
    Simtools 2.2
    Assetto Corsa, latest plugin version.
    Windows 10

The Output:
    Serial output on COM3
    250000 bitrate
    8 data bits
    no parity
    1 stop bit
    Startup-Output = blank
    Interface-Output = AB<Axis1a><Axis2a><Axis3a><Axis4a> , 2 ms
    Shutdown-Output= AB<127><255><127><255><127><255><127><255>, 2ms

The Issue:

can be seen here

This is one of a quite a few identical ones we've built, so I've had a lot of practice setting them up.

When testing the axes, going negative gives normal motion, going positive tilts the platform all over the place.
    I've ruled out the Thanos board, the wiring, and Simtools' settings because those were copy-pasted from a working rig, also because when I switched out the hard drive with the one from the working rig it works just fine.

So that just left me with trying out different serial drivers, which I've also done for a few hours, no result.
    The windows versions are a bit off since the working rig has been kept offline for some time, I figured one of the updates borked the new rig.

I tried looking at the output with a serial monitor, and sure enough the negative values sent were normal while the positive ones went through the whole range, from random positive to negative.

The nuclear option would be cloning the working rig's drive over to this one, but if there's a way to avoid wasting the already activated license on this one...

Help :confused:

~Daniel
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    try this,
    system local.jpg

Let me know how it goes,
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. stelian78

stelian78 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 333Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Motion platform
    Huh... that fixed it somehow. Who would've thought...

Thanks!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. iamcanadian2

iamcanadian2 Member

floating docks
    Balance:
    52Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    I have the same issue with simtools and Ians BFF the sliders sort of work but the actuators go erratic wwhile i motion. How does this change anything. So weird...