1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question USB Hub for DIY F1 Wheel

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by James Robertson, Dec 4, 2018.

1. James Robertson

James Robertson New Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Everybody.

I have created some designs for 3d printed f1 Steering Wheels and I am trying to figure out the best way to incorporate the electronics.

Up until now I have used a Leo Bodnar SLI-F1 unit in combination with a Z1 LCDinfo display.

Ideally I would like to have only one cable connecting the pc to the wheel and i was wondering if i could do this by incorporating the USB hub board below into the wheel:

https://thepihut.com/products/zero4u-4-port-usb-hub-for-raspberry-pi-zero

My first design is now available for download if anyone is interested

https://www.facebook.com/3dsimwheel/
  2. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    Very nice designs and 3D work you have made.

I think this 4-port USB hub should work fine.
    It's pretty cheap too, so you will not have a great loss if it doesn't work.

How much ports do you need? Maybe there are even smaller boards with 2 ports.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. James Robertson

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. Giustino

Giustino New Member

Balance:
    247Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
  5. James Robertson

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi uou still have the desain of your f1 wheel?