1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question VR racers.. Anyone out there?

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Tags..(VR), Oct 30, 2018.

?

Is VR here to stay or is it falling to the waist side?

1. Yes , VR is here and you love it

100.0%
  2. No , VR is a Gimmick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure but you would like to try VR.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Is VR racing here to stay?
    Are there more and more people getting into VR ?
    I have my Oculus Rift , My Race Rig . I cant imagine going a day without racing in My VR .
    but what do you think?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    one thing i have noticed more and more on youtube. when looking for racing i see a few youtubers that like to post there racings vlogs.
    i really do enjoy and get enthused watching them race.
    a lot of them started of in vr and would show there screen from inside there view and its great but ive noticed more and more of them when chatting with online folks, there not racing in vr. they all say when not in this video on there off time they do use they're VR but thinking what we need is the coverage. whats your thoughts?
  3. SDMagoo

SDMagoo New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    140Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    VR is one of those things you can't describe properly to someone who hasn't experienced it.

It is now VR or nothing for me personally now and has been for a few years now - since Vive launch.

Vive Pro to Gear Lens is another huge jump in image quality - risky - but worth the risk.

Tactile Transducers are in a similar boat - once you have tried and tuned your setup they become an essential item.

Motion Simulator - same kind of thing, but even deeper layers of immersion/detail (only got my 2DOF running yesterday and am already blown away with depth of experience now) - which will only improve as I understand more (redesign a couple of things) and tune over time I suspect.

Combine all of the above + 3D audio and a good game and you have EXPERIENCES IMO.

:)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. leonard

leonard New Member

Oil and gaz engineer
    Balance:
    232Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    I dont think the question is about Vr staying or not. There is great news today about all the new headsets and I think the industry is going forward. For most people is once VR always VR and I dont think this will change. If tomorrow there are screens that run at 16k resolution I won't care. I will pick an old CV1 over it anytime. It is here to stay of course once it makes enough progress to reach industrial use. Most compagnies that use simulation softwares use projector setups and the same with pro racing simulators. Once something like Star VR is reliable on industrial level we are good. Gonna try to convince my compagny to switch to STAR VR haha
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bongo

Bongo New Member

Balance:
    23Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I've tried racing with my Oculus Rift...but the moment I hit the brakes or spin out I get instant nausea. I'm hoping a 6dof rig will prevent this. I wish I could find a simulator nearby to try out before starting on a build.
  6. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I had the same issue at first, to be honest. its the realism that VR gives thats so great.
    I think if i was in a car and the same thing was to happen i think i would get the same effect. what i had to do and is practice practice practice, learn the car like as in real life. the brakes the corners . know what the car is capable of doing and what it isn't.
    VR brings a realism that intensifies that experience, as in real life.
    yes the motion sim brings more but also helps and makes the experience. Motion makes it a bit harder to hit that corner or fine the right lane to be in but to me its worth it by a million percent. :thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Fonzie

Fonzie New Member

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Driving with the oculus feels so natural to me, that i cant imagine ever going back to my tripples,
    I have been racing for 20 years now, and never it fels so real , hitting that apex, and be consistant is so mutch more rewarding.
    At first i had difficult to adapt to the sense of speed, but now it feels normal.
    The day there is a vr set with better quality screens, its gonne be a must buy.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    I remember doing pretty much my first yotube video of vr and came up with this ! lol
    always said I would make another at some point but not much has changed for me on a driving rig ! lol
    except the orbx n x plane true earth uk that's pretty awesome.
    anyway that's me hello ;-)
  9. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Excellent video. keep up the good work and always .. enjoy
  10. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Thanks for kind word.
    I want to do alot more tbh.
    Looking at the tpcast and the ts-pc wheel as one comes this week.
    I have used my trusty original t500rs for so long even did some write up on service on here somewhere strip and faults found after years running.
    But I can not wait to test the newer one now, I might do a video as for 6 years at least on the t500rs I can not think of a better way to do a review to compare.
    Also a loadcell coming as I'm abit slow on making my other set of pedals with hydraulics up. Doh.
    Thing is as you prob guessed I'm a big Kimi Raikkonen fan as he is similare to me in i am faster ! He he he
    But what i really mean is I will say it how it is not cover up or lie about kit it is what it is attitude if you get me.