1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wich motor to use with 6dof

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by waldo wautelet, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. waldo wautelet

waldo wautelet You found me...

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Wich of the following motors should I use in my 6dof project, I want to use planetary gearboxes to use it. My platform weights about 300kg and I was looking for Servos of around 1kW. Also how can you see wich driver I can use with each servo?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/AC-s...r-130ST-M04025-Matched-Servo/32354301428.html

https://hzmgdj.en.alibaba.com/product/60134265696-218414670/SERVO_MOTOR_220V_OF_130ST_M04025.html
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF

Each servo drive is matched from the factory for certain servomotor. If you get them separate you will have to match them manually (encoder parameters, servo coil timings, PID calibration). Many of these servos in the market do this calibration via CAN or RS485, but its hard to find the software for it and if available could be in Chinese.

Also make sure you can get a servo drive from source that can provide support (for settings and interface connections) as if you are going to rely only on the manual that the seller may give you, you may get stuck to nowhere.

Do you have a plan how you are going to control the servo drives? Any certain interface? I assume you want to use it with simtools, not for CNC application...
  3. waldo wautelet

waldo wautelet You found me...

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Yes I would like it to work with simtools !