1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Windows Mixed Reality Headset

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Deane, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Deane

Deane Old Fart

Retired
    Balance:
    793Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    After trying both Oculus DK1 & 2 and selling both I settled on a Windows Mixed Reality Headset and Controllers which were AUD$300 which half the cost of an Oculus CV1 or HTCVive.
    I haven't had a chance to play any racing sims with it yet as I have been busy setting it up and learning how to navigate in a VR world and it's real trippy :confused:
    For the price I reckon it will do me for a while.
    As a side note for any other people who are having problems with a Windows Mixed Reality Headset and getting the bluetooth controllers to be recognized and paired.
    I stuffed around for hours with my V4.0 bluetooth dongle as the specs demand to no avail.
    I did get it to work though with an old Ebay special V3.0 bluetooth dongle that saw and paired with them both in seconds, much to my relief and disbelief .
  2. gSeat

gSeat Member

Balance:
    910Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Maybe this helps you or others regarding bluetooth and windows mixed reality pairing connection.
    1) Go to bluetooth settings and
    2) Remove both controllers
    3) Add 1 controllers at a time while pairing
    Cheers
  3. Deane

Deane Old Fart

Retired
    Balance:
    793Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I tried removing and re-doing the whole thing from scratch but it just didn't like my dongle.
    The fact that it works flawlessly with an older version I don't mind as it's working and thought that the tip might save others a headache or two.
  4. Evan Rowlands

Evan Rowlands EMR Industries

business owner/ EMR industries
    Balance:
    - 72Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Gday mate ive had no issue and works great on all sims i much prefer it ...ive had the chance to try all of the vr on the market when i worked at simworx and apart from the setup with windows 10 i found that head set to be by far the better of the 3 on market at the time vs oculus cv1 and the vive
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Deane

Deane Old Fart

Retired
    Balance:
    793Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    It is the better bang for buck choice by far IMO
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gSeat

gSeat Member

Balance:
    910Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, in that case, OUCH - glad you got it working, stinks when that kind of stuff happens.

@Deane and @Evan Rowlands few questions:
    Do either of you use your mixed reality headsets with a motion platform?
    Is motion cancellation an issue?
    Why or why not, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!
  7. Evan Rowlands

Evan Rowlands EMR Industries

business owner/ EMR industries
    Balance:
    - 72Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform