1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Simucube DIY thread

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Nick Moxley, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    hey guys I found time to tinker, I shifted to the SimuCube form IONICube so far and it's an improvement (less noise, better filter) but FFB seems to be similar in comparison with the IONICube IMO. Finally if someone is building an OSW from scratch there is nothing wrong with the SimuCUBE, at the moment it officially supports only 3 games it but it works flawlessly on AC and PCars2 on my rig.

PS: my comment was related to the new firmware from Granity!
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  2. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I wanted to use a mige motor encoder (10,000ppr) for a diy ffb, but I have seen that it has many more cables than the encoders that are usually used in these projects, it has vcc, gnd, A and B, you could use the encoder of the osw? or is it something unpossible to use directly connected to the stm32 Discovery?
  3. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    You could use "THANOS 128" for this... search on comunity for this thread !
  4. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I do not know what that is, this is the scheme that I should use, from the encoder of the mige I can use only the outputs a + and b +?
    Connections IBT_2.jpg
  5. JAD

JAD Active Member

Balance:
    1,446Coins
    Ratings:
    +141 / 3 / -0
    So I just spent the whole day going through threads on DD wheels and all the build methods.
    Im coming from complete no prior knowledge so it was a fair task to understand the where and what is the current state of affairs.
    So after all that, I've bit the bullet and ordered the Simucube + Ioni Pro HC (delivered AUD$720), and the small Mige with the BISS C encoder (delivered AUD$440) ex GST
    I had no plan this morning to spend over a thousand bucks.
    I know there will be items to buy, but I need a breather before throwing more money at this build.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You'll be happy you did once you have it all working. Now you'll need to decide on a wheel to use and a button box to go with it. Hit up Nick Moxley, he makes some awesome wheels. He can also hook you up with a Mige to wheel adapter for mounting.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Awesome, Another DD user has left the commercial Junk behind....>WELCOME to the Club JAD
  8. Pietro

Pietro New Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino
    So, I read thousands of post and information about a direct drive wheel etc, but coming from a basic knowledge I would like to ask a question: is it possible to drive a servo motor (like a Mige) with an Arduino? I saw a couple of video of people doing it, but I think they weren't driving a Midge servo motor. That would be really interesting, right now the only thing that really stop me from getting one is the price of the IONI ecc.
    Thank you!
  9. Johnk88

Johnk88 New Member

Balance:
    81Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just started building my DD wheel.
    I went and bought the dsub 15 2 row to go with it but my cables from Mige already came with one. do i still have to re-order the connections or will the be correct already? thanks for any help
  10. Johnk88

Johnk88 New Member

Balance:
    81Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Link to my build here
  11. JAD

JAD Active Member

Balance:
    1,446Coins
    Ratings:
    +141 / 3 / -0
    The cables that come with the Mige should be all good to go without modification.
    They worked fine for me
  12. Johnk88

Johnk88 New Member

Balance:
    81Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Superb! thanks for the reply.