1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Simulator 2 DOF SCN6 + HTC VIVE PRO 2

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Damien, May 4, 2018.

1. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    For those who would be tempted, I received my HTC VIVE PRO VR headset and as stated by Noorbeast, you need base stations to make it work.
    Nevertheless, only one station is enough.
    The immersion is total and the sensations of the simulator are very strongly tenfold.
    I also added a front fan on the simulator to try to simulate the effects of wind on a formula 1.
    But finally, the most interesting advantage with this fan is the cooling because in the VR headset, it is very hot.

Pour ceux qui seraient tentés, J'ai reçu mon casque VR HTC VIVE PRO et comme le précisait Noorbeast, il faut des stations de base pour le faire fonctionner.
    Néanmoins, une seule station suffit.
    L'immersion est totale et les sensations du simulateur sont très fortement décuplées.
    J'ai également rajouté un ventilateur frontal sur le simulateur pour essayer de simuler les effets du vent sur une monoplace.
    Mais finalement, l'avantage le plus intéressant avec ce ventilateur, c'est le rafraichissement car dans le casque VR, il fait très chaud.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

Last night, I started to play project cars 2 VR, and you were right, nothing beats a game specially designed for RV, it's an incredible experience.
    The cylinders make even more sense, the immersion is total, it feels like really in a car and you feel perfectly the movements related to the road and the car.
    For those who hesitate to pair their simulator with a VR headset, go ahead with your eyes closed.

French
    Hier soir, j'ai commencé à jouer à project cars 2 VR, et tu avais raison, rien ne vaut un jeu spécialement prévu pour la VR, c'est une expérience incroyable.
    Les vérins prennent encore plus de sens, l'immersion est totale, on a l'impression d'être réellement dans une voiture et on ressent parfaitement les mouvements liés à la route et à la voiture.
    Pour tous ceux qui hésiteraient à coupler leur simulateur avec un casque VR, allez-y les yeux fermés.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    The speakers disappeared, they gave way to a headphone (IMG5489).
    it allows to increase a little more immersion, I can not hear the jacks and noises around.

The microphone has also disappeared because the VIVE PRO is equipped with a microphone.

I was able to install my fan, 60W power (IMG5486 and IMG5488).
    it adds a bit of realism to the F1 game.
    The air passes over the hands when I drive straight, but when I turn the steering wheel, the hand that is at the top gets a lot of air.
    At the level of the head, it completely cools the VR headset, which brings a real comfort.
    And the hissing breath on the headphones is very realistic, it gives a feeling of speed much more pronounced.
    I would like to find software that changes the speed of the fan depending on the speed of the car but I'm not sure that it exists ... ???

French
    Les enceintes ont disparu, elles ont laissé place à un casque audio (IMG5489).
    ça permet d'augmenter encore un peu plus l'immersion, je n'entends plus les vérins et les bruits alentour.

Le micro a également disparu car le VIVE PRO est équipé de base avec un micro.

J'ai pu installé mon ventilateur, puissance 60W (IMG5486 et IMG5488).
    ça rajoute un peu de réalisme sur les jeu de F1.
    L'air passe au-dessus des mains quand je roule tout droit, mais lorsque je tourne le volant, la main qui se retrouve en haut reçoit beaucoup d'air.
    Au niveau de la tête, ça refroidit complètement le casque VR, ce qui apporte un vrai confort.
    Et le sifflement que fait le souffle sur le casque audio est très réaliste, ça donne une impression de vitesse beaucoup plus prononcée.
    J'aimerais trouver un logiciel qui modifie la vitesse du ventilateur en fonction de la vitesse de la voiture mais je ne suis pas sur que cela existe...???

Attached Files:

4. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    I tend to sweat a lot of hands and this sweat attacks the leather of my steering wheel.
    To remedy this, I bought gloves and not that it was too expensive, I took bicycle gloves (15 €) (IMG5485).
    The result is very satisfying, it does not interfere with driving and the fact of having the fingers in the air makes it possible to keep a perfect sensitivity for the pallets and the buttons.

French
    J'ai tendance à beaucoup transpirer des mains et cette sueur attaque le cuir de mon volant.
    Pour y remédier, j'ai acheté des gants et pour pas que cela soit trop cher, j'ai pris des gants de vélo (15€) (IMG5485).
    Le résultat est très satisfaisant, ça ne gêne pas la conduite et le fait d'avoir les doigts à l'air permet de garder une sensibilité parfaite pour les palettes et les boutons.

Attached Files:

5. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

Here is the video of my simulator which is finished (or almost).
    A view of each element of the simulator in operation, helmet, jacks and cardan.

French
    Voici la vidéo de mon simulateur qui est terminé (ou presque).
    Une vue de chaque élément du simulateur en fonctionnement, casque, vérins et cardan.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. alexdraco

alexdraco Member

Balance:
    278Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Ciao Damien,
    interesting idea of the fan.
    When I try a SIM with controlled brushless motor fans I had a fantastic experience because I was able to perceive the feeling of speed.

It's cool!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

Thank you.
    yes it is true that the fan increases very significantly the sensation of speed.
  8. Giorgio73

Giorgio73 Alluminium rig with prosimu 3dof kit

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Hy Damien
    I see you play formula 1 games. I like too
    I want ask you your impression about F1 2018 plugin and scn6 actuators
  9. PIM1

PIM1 VR Racer

Fitness Instructor
    Balance:
    160Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6, Motion platform
    Hi, now you have had the Vive principal for a while have you been able to get project cars 2 framerate stable at 90fps. I have the regular Vive and cannot push 90fps so I just don't see the point of upgrading. Thanks
  10. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

Hi Giorgio.
    I find the F1 2018 plugin really good.
    I do not know if it is the plugin or the telemetry is better but the sensations are better than F1 2017.
    We feel a lot more loss of traction of the rear axle, the braking are better felt and the effects of the road are much better transcribed.
    Of course I spent the game by tuning center and I made some settings but I find the plugin really good.

French:
    Hi Giorgio.
    Je trouve le plugin F1 2018 vraiment bien.
    Je ne sais pas si c'est le plugin ou la télémétrie qui est mieux mais les sensations sont meilleures que sur F1 2017.
    On sent beaucoup plus la perte d'adhérence du train arrière, les freinages sont mieux ressentis et les effets de la route sont bien mieux retranscrits.
    Bien sûr j'ai passé le jeu par tuning center et j'ai fais quelques réglages mais je trouve le plugin réellement bien.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

Hello.
    I will try to answer but I'm not sure I understood perfectly ... google translate ;-)
    On Pcars 2, I actually have a stability at 90fps but I have a PC configuration quite high, I use:
    1 processor I7 8700K
    1 motherboard Asus Z370-F
    1 PNY 1080TI graphics card.
    If you do not get 90fps with the VIVE I think it will be worse with the VIVE PRO because it requires a little more resource.

French
    Bonjour.
    Je vais essayer de bien répondre mais je ne suis pas sûr d'avoir parfaitement compris...google translate ;-)
    Sur Pcars 2, j'ai effectivement une stabilité à 90fps mais j'ai une configuration PC assez élevée, j'utilise:
    1 processeur I7 8700K
    1 carte mère Asus Z370-F
    1 carte graphique PNY 1080TI.
    Si tu n'arrives pas à 90fps avec le VIVE je pense que ça sera pire avec le VIVE PRO car il demande un petit peu plus de ressource.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Giorgio73

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Thank Damien for your comment
    I think codemasters increase the feeling with cars and the track.
    Probably the telemetry data was better respect f1 2017.
    The feedback on the steering wheel is very good in this game, codemasters work very good.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Small and surely last upgrade on my simulator ...
    I made a harness for cheap (IMG5616 and IMG5617).
    I bought 2 seat belts and a tie (IMG5618).
    I secured the clip on one of the two belts (IMG5619).
    I then connected the 2 belts together under the seat (IMG5613) and behind the headrest (IMG5605).
    The result is rather interesting, it avoids being "ejected" from the simulator because of our own inertia in the violent changes of direction, and thus to be very stable.
    It greatly reduces the risk of losing control in these situations.
    Next step:
    Manufacturing a soundproof room to no longer interfere with my family ...
    But it will be for this summer only.

French:
    Petit et surement dernier upgrade sur mon simulateur...
    J'ai fabriqué un harnais pour pas cher(IMG5616 et IMG5617).
    J'ai acheté à la casse 2 ceintures de sécurité et une attache(IMG5618).
    J'ai fixé l'attache sur une des 2 ceintures(IMG5619).
    J'ai ensuite raccordé les 2 ceintures entre elles sous le siège(IMG5613) et derrière l'appui tête(IMG5605).
    Le résultat est plutôt intéressant, ça évite d'être "éjecté" du simulateur à cause de notre propre inertie dans les changements de direction violents, et donc d'être beaucoup stable.
    Ça diminue fortement le risque de perdre le contrôle dans ces situations.

Prochaine étape:
    Fabrication d'une salle insonorisée pour ne plus gêner ma famille...
    Mais ça sera pour cet été seulement.

Attached Files:

14. Giorgio73

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    great work Damien.
    I thought that the belts had only an aesthetic function, instead they help a lot to be well anchored to the seat.
    I will consider it for my project.
    to give a more racing look you could buy some pads to fit on belts.
    like omp or sabelt, sparco.
  15. Giorgio73

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
  16. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Thank you Giorgio.
    I went to see what you sent me and what could be similar.
    You're right, it would be a lot more racing look.
    There are Sparco that I found very nice.
    I will try to find something like that but I do not want to buy it.
    I put a lot of money in my simu and my PC, and I only want to buy what is useful for the operation and comfort.
    For the aesthetics, since I have a VR headset on my head, it does not help me in play but only out of the simu so I do not want to spend too much for that.
    If I find any, I'll post it all. ;-)

French:
    Merci Giorgio.
    Je suis allé voir ce que tu m'as envoyé et ce qu'il pouvait y avoir de ressemblant.
    Tu as raison, ça ferait beaucoup plus racing.
    Il y a des Sparco que je trouvais très sympa.
    Je vais essayé de trouver quelque chose dans le genre mais je ne veux pas en acheté.
    J'ai mis beaucoup d'argent dans mon simu et dans mon PC, et je ne veux acheter que ce qui est utile au fonctionnement et au confort.
    Pour l'esthétique, vu que j'ai un casque VR sur la tête, ça ne m'est pas utile en jeu mais seulement hors du simu donc je ne veux pas trop dépenser pour ça.
    Si j'en trouve, je posterais tout ça. ;-)
  17. Giorgio73

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    understand you very well Damien, I also spent a lot of money to assemble a very high performance pc. my configuration is very similar to yours.
    then I had to spend more money to add two more TV to the one I already had.
    then I got some amplifiers, basshakers for the simvibe, and related software to make them go, so more money.
    now I'm converting the wooden station with aluminum profiles. next step is to buy the scn6.
    can I ask you where and which scn6 did you buy?
    unfortunately this hobby is expensive, but my passion is the motosport.
  18. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

yes, it's a passion that is expensive... ☹️
    I bought my cylinders at Prosimu in the north of France, excellent seller.
    I received my 2 parcels quickly and in perfect condition.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.prosimu-shop.com/fr/

French:
    oui, c'est une passion qui coûte chère...☹️
    J'ai acheté mes vérins chez Prosimu dans le nord de la France, excellent vendeur.
    J’ai reçu mes 2 colis assez rapidement et en parfait état.
    Voici le lien:
    http://www.prosimu-shop.com/fr/
  19. Giorgio73

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    we know prosimu. my idea is to buy the kit like yours with the two actuators. then I want to take the traction loss kit. I also think it's a good product. thanks Damien for your information. I was pleased to know that you have a prosimu kit.
  20. Damien

Damien Member

watchmaker
    Balance:
    724Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6

No problem, with pleasure.
    If you need more information, do not hesitate.
    Yes the loss of traction seems pretty nice, I might do it too but only if I start playing other games of simulations because for formula 1, there is only slight oversteer but not really loss of traction (otherwise it's almost too late) and I already feel very well the oversteer with the steering wheel and 2 cylinders.
    Good luck in your project.

French:
    Pas de soucis, avec plaisir.
    Si tu as besoin d'autres information, n'hésites pas.
    Oui la perte de traction semble assez sympa, je le ferais peut-être aussi mais seulement si je me mets à jouer à d'autres jeux de simulations car pour la formule 1, il n'y a que du léger survirage mais pas vraiment de perte de traction(sinon c'est déjà presque trop tard) et je ressens déjà très bien le survirage avec le volant et les 2 vérins.
    Bon continuation dans ton projet.