1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

G-Seat Project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Michal Burisin, May 1, 2018.

1. Michal Burisin

Michal Burisin New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    To put this project in context of the whole rig, here's the thread to the general rig build on RD forums, up until now I was wresting with tactile, now that is done, I can focus on G-Seat :)
  2. Michal Burisin

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have done little bit of tweaking to the shape and I also corrected lines along which paddles will be bent:

upload_2018-10-16_2-4-57.png

On the right side, there is overlay before / after. With side paddles I can push the size very close to the limits, as I can move it as necessary. On the main paddles, I'm leaving some margin for error.

I would have question for current G-Seat users.

Should I extend the back paddle more down to the butt? All g-seat projects I have seen has paddles above the butt it seems. Does it have a reason and should I do the same or it could beneficial to have the paddles all the way down.

Only reason I figured, it could be because the butt wouldn't move, and it would overstress the servos and limited the felt effect, any ideas?

upload_2018-10-16_2-5-40.png

Thanks.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sberns

sberns Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    432Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Hi Michal, I tried lowering the back panels temporarily on my DIY Gseat and found the effect underwhelming. I also think it increased the load on the servos. For both reasons, I raised them back up to a normal position.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Michal Burisin

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I will leave it as it is then :) If it would give me trouble even like this, I can always cut more from the bottom myself.

I have finalized data and sent query for manufacturing. I hope I measured everything correctly, I triple checked :)

I asked for 4 mm aluminium material in order to be sturdy enough to handle the tactile without resonance. Maybe 3 mm would be enough, but I'd rather be careful here.

upload_2018-10-17_2-41-40.png

upload_2018-10-17_2-41-27.png

obr-1.jpg

obr-2.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Michal Burisin

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So the paddles are here!

Now I need to finish the 3D printer and learn with it to be able to attach them to the seat.

PB050064.jpg

PB050067.jpg

I also got aluminium plates for peripherals. I probably should have gone for some irregular shape to make it look cooler and not so boxy though :) It's 8 mm aluminium. It will be easy to do flush mount attachment so it won't interfere with anything.

upload_2018-11-5_16-13-26.png
    • Like Like x 6
  6. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi @Michal Burisin
    Very good work so far :thumbs