1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

D-Box actuators

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by SteveOStyle, Mar 31, 2009.

1. SteveOStyle

SteveOStyle New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anyone knows where to get similar actuators....and how much would it be.....think about building frame base as http://www.d-box.com/gaming/en/gaming/pro-gaming-series/gpk-130/ and more details PDF file http://www.d-box.com/gaming/brochure/a51feaa2b743b46b5b779d7be8caa32a/gpk-130_specsheet_20080723.pdf these are 200lb lifts ....any clue as who makes them?

cheers
    SteveO
  2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have seen them for the very first time two years ago and from that mometn I am in madness to find them. I can say - NO WAY MAN. They have a lots of patents to keep them out of other hands. Those actuators are electrics like SCN5 but much stronger and faster. Only one thing is - this jump ratio. It mean that theirs movements are very short (compare to SCN5 100). Usual car is not doing any wide moves on the corners (that mean it is enough with d-box) but race car on a high speed is lean out a lot. In fact - we are on ouers sims on the way to create fillings of a G-force as a priority not only shocks and small movements. Everything is about greater experiance !!!

Don`t get me wrong - i really like D-box sim, but - there is a few but !
    - no way for flight sim (even if they trying with Gp Pro 200 FS) - theirs flight sim is about to simulate how plane is riding on runway and nothig obout: in the air!,
    - my mother on the seat is getting same emotions what d-box is able to give them. We are driving sports cars and we need high movements, high G-Force !
    - it`s out of reasonable price range: i was checking in UK and they costs from lowest SRP 120 - £4,395.00, to topest SRP 530 - £26,995.00 !!!(new SUBARU). I have whole Retail Price List for UK and they are crazy.

I know that you did ask about any chances for those actuators but i was on the way to explain you that someone who is selling something for that price is not happy to share it. Actually they selling separate actuators but i aint got them on the price list for UK
    They are in good relationships with cinemas and whole movies business wher they selling a lot of those seats. Soon we will see some movies with the d-box code for home entertaiment. For that - They Are GREAT !!!
    ...now i am happy with my explanation.
  3. HKR

HKR New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    is theoretically possible to make similar platform with 3 or 4 actuators (legs) and control sim by X-SIM2?
    Thanks for answer
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,838Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Yes, you can control it with X-Sim.
    The Profiler2 is theoretically able to control your hardware with unlimited axis/actuator support.
  5. HKR

HKR New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But what about mathematic calculation...its quite diffrent then 2 actuators
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,838Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    X-Sim owns a plugin math system where you can define as many axis as you want. You have to define only the kinematic formulas. The more DOF´s the more complex the calculations. Look here for more:
    http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Math_setup
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Yes, but the axes are not dependant from each other, like with Stewart Platforms for example.
    So it wont be a problem to control such a D-Box actuated system.
    But are you aware of the prices for D-Box actuators?
  8. srdjan

srdjan New Member

professor of foreign languages
    Balance:
    349Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I wanted to buy d-box before i have met this website and before i have seen their prices.
    I have a list of their products and prices from a Bulgarian salesman.
    I remember they have the price of all the segments, like actuators.
    If you are interested i think i can find it in my mailbox and forward it to you.
  9. tsrobinson115

tsrobinson115 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0