1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Doctor Kruntz 3 DOF Motion Sim by ProSimu

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Doctor Kruntz, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    A few overall image again and we update to the next news... ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Ian Rattray

Ian Rattray New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Nice job, have you thought about adding the rear actuators to the rig ?
  3. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hi Ian... YES, I have thought about adding the rear actuators to the rig in the next future for expand my 3 DOF to 5 DOF but for my kind of dynamic simulator the ProSimu provides a kit of 4 actuators 100kgf with cable which completely replace the two front actuators (which are different for features... 40kgf) and sincerely spending seems a little excessive!
    If it were possible to add two rear actuators equal to the front already in my possession instead then the question changes completely and it would be feasible.

I'm no expert on the subject and so I do not understand the reason why it is necessary to replace the two actuators already present with four completely new... perhaps to the total weight problems and system response... I should ask news about it directly to ProSimu :)
  4. Ian Rattray

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    The 40kgf actuators are fine for 3 dof because your weight is supported by the circular metal piece under the seat acting like a fulcrum. When you add the rear the fulcrum disappears and you have to lift the weight of the whole System on the actuators, hence the 100kgf required.
    I bought mine 5dof ready, that is the 5dof power supply and actuators, eg 100kgf. To turn mine into 5 actuators it’s plug and play adding the 2. Even with that I am not sure it is worth the price ?
  5. Bobpies

Bobpies New Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    how much extra was it then to go for 1000N actuators over the 400N?

(Assuming you got 2 x 1000N and 1 x 200N ?)
  6. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    If need be, just buy the actuators from frex and wire up your self. ts pretty straight forward. I got 5 from them for about £ 3,000ish i believe
  7. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    In addition to the FREX actuators, the price includes cables and everything you need too?
  8. Ian Rattray

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I think it was about 800 Euro for the 5 DOF platform, that is the extra shelf for back Every handy for mice/pens paper etc the power supply and the 2 front actuators 1000N.

Now I believe patrick is having his own actuators made, faster quieter etc. SO theres that possibility too. I also see there has been a redesign of the system they have moved the seat attachment more to the center.. see it on videos not on the site yet..
  9. r3df0x

r3df0x n00by Racer Gold Contributor

IT technician
    Balance:
    231Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
  10. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Member

Balance:
    276Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Hi Ian, has your system been running well? I have ordered a T1000 2 dof and trying to get familiar with the claim software in the meantime.
  11. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Member

Balance:
    276Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    I am also looking for ideas to lessen the noise from the actuators as I RACE while the wife and kids are still sleeping. Anyone have ideas or examples of how to do this? Thanks Victor
  12. AussieSim

AussieSim Member

Balance:
    1,452Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The solutions I've seen include packing the sqaure tube frame with Hi-Fi speaker foam, adding (more) vibration foam to the red frame welded cups

https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...uce-noise-of-scn6-actuators.9635/#post-134502

And placing these shims between the actuators and the metal plate

http://frex.xsrv.jp/gpshop/catalog/...d=305&osCsid=1d19a39d82f281f6a319f783b27d5014
  13. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Member

Balance:
    276Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Thanks aussieSim, those Frex parts look like they will help.

I also have some 2" rigid fiberglass insulation left over from a Home theater build out. I might try to build some tall 'boxes' to go over the actuators.

I will post an update when I do something that works.
  14. Giorgio73

Giorgio73 Alluminium rig with prosimu 3dof kit

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    The wood base is included in the kit?
  15. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    But no of course, this is only my idea that I made after the assembly of the ProSimu T1000 ;)
  16. Giorgio73

Giorgio73 Alluminium rig with prosimu 3dof kit

Plc enginer
    Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    It's a great idea, I thought about it too.
    So the base of the loss of traction consists of a black base in the shape of H?
    This base I suppose is included

è una gran bella idea, ci ho pensato anche io.
    Quindi la base di supporto della perdita di trazione è costituita da una base nera a forma di H?
    Questa base suppongo sia inclusa
  17. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hi all... I am writing here again after a whole year of stop due to my move abroad.
    To get back to full speed with my hobby, driving simulation, I made many changes to my original dynamic station, starting with the hardware, replacing my good old Logitech G27 with a Fanatec Podium DD2, ClubSport v3 pedal set complete with Brake Performance Kit and double dumper for brake and accelerator, ClubSport SQ gearbox v1.5 and ClubSport handbrake v1.5.
    But this substantial update also affected my computer, enhanced with a new cpu, new motherboard, new memories... in practice a new PC to be combined with the simulator.
    Now that I'm ready to hit the track again, however, I would need your help, because when reinstalling the software and, therefore, also SimTools, I unfortunately forgot to save all my game profiles created in the various years of Profile Editor use... A serious oversight of mine which, however, I hope to be able to fill with the contribution of some enthusiast who is willing to pass me some basic profile that I will then try to modify if necessary so that my ProSimu T1000 3DOF gives the best of if in the various dynamic movements.
    Unfortunately I don't have much time to start from scratch as I did a few years ago and for this reason I hope some people want to help me, avoiding having to spend the little time that I have to set the profiles instead of being able to drive on the track immediately.
    Waiting for your welcome help and contribution, in the meantime I will post some pictures of my new simulator, hoping you like it...
    PS: there are still more updates coming very soon, so stay connected :thumbs
  18. Ian Rattray

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Please PM me and I will forward you some profiles .
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
  19. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Here's what my new driving station looks like now, still in the final adjustment phase...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very soon I will add more images of the finished work ... I am waiting for some accessories that will allow me to complet the entire system! ;)
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  20. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020