1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motion Control Programmer Required

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by gordonfvt, Apr 11, 2018.

1. gordonfvt

gordonfvt New Member

Balance:
    256Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    I run a VR entertainment business in Spain. One of my systems is a 6DOF "VR Cinema" from a chinese supplier. The motion platform is controlled via a Vegafu smc-x24 controller. I have sales experience but very limited technical knowledge.

I have a project to produce our own mp4 films of geographical locations and show them on a UHD TV (Not VR) combined with movement on our motion platform.

I need someone to handle this project for me on a freelance basis.

Can anyone help me please?

Attached Files:

2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Ok, so my advice, if you don't have documentation for the vegafu controller, just rip it out.

Then connect the two Dorna M1 servo drives to this:

Then you have a system that is compatible with Simtools and other DIY community motion software that can play video with motion.

The controller unit on the videos was designed for the exact Chinese 6DOF vendor servo drives you show but for an Austrialian Customer that was tired of playing the only racing game the Chinese Vegafu and their locked software allowed (pCars). His platform was shaped a copy of cruden style platform.

Thanks
    Thanos
  3. gordonfvt

gordonfvt New Member

Balance:
    256Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    Many thanks for that Thanos. There are actually 6 servo drives on my motion platform.

If I understand correctly, for $350 I can replace the Vegafu controller, then start to explore many other options?

The connections to the Vegafu look a bit different to the connections shown in your video, but I can follow this up later....

Regards
    Gordon
  4. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    In the photos, I see the 6 Servomotor actuators, the Vegafu controller and the 2 Dorna M1 servo drives.

The Dorna M1 drives have three 44-pin connectors on them that are not connected.
    The AMC-HS controller connects to those 44-pin connectors via custom AMC-HS-2544 cables.

servomotor connections schematic Dorna M1.GIF

IMG_20180412_120830.jpg
    IMG_20180412_120846.jpg
    IMG_20180412_120901.jpg

This is different from the generic kickstarter AMC1280USB, as its designed for servomotors and the complex wiring they require. It has extra Servo cards, one for each servo to provide complete control over the servomotor with closed loop monitoring of the Servomotor encoder and the analog/digital signals required to drive them correctly.

If you are interested, email me: tronicgr @ gmail . com

Thanks
    Thanos
  5. gordonfvt

gordonfvt New Member

Balance:
    256Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    Thanks again, Thanos. I will be in touch...

Gordon
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Chican3

Chican3 New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello, I'm on a similar path to reconfigure my 6dof platform and wanting to know what the best course of action is to convert my platform to be compatible with simtools, any help is appreciated. I'd like to do a bit more documentation on the process to help others that want to do the same conversions in the future with similar platforms that use the vegafu x24 controller.

20180922_112908.jpg 20180922_103242.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Do you have manual for the vegafu x24? No?
    Perhaps why its locked to their software.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chican3

Chican3 New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    So how would I go about acquiring the necessary kit to make this happen? I'm looking to do this asap
  9. gordonfvt

gordonfvt New Member

Balance:
    256Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi, I have been busy with running the "VR Cinema" is it was sold. Have a quiet period coming up and hope to look at the other possibilities over the next few months. Will keep in touch
  10. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator: