1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Never unload a ball nut (ball screw), if so do not rip out your hairs

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Pit, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I did it and I thought I am lost - until I drunk a beer and tried to calm down ;) And yes, I got it. However, if anyone is running into the same issue, do not give up - you will find a lot of information on youtube, f.eg. here:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Nice, i tried that also, drunk too much beer and lost some balls ...
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. tay2ky

tay2ky New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 470Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    o my god I had the same issue and it take some time and a massive amount of patience to put I back together again the joke is it happen about 3 time, I also lost some ball so I had to order some off net to replays the ones I lost so I do have spear now lol and hope I never have to use them any time soon!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Hmmm, I find the opposite is also true. That being you'll rip out your hair if you never unload a ball nut. :D

YouTube videos omitted.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Good point. Let me say after I did it I wouldn't miss the experience, how it works and how it could be optimized. Obviously there are many "ball nut tuner" somewhere out there.