1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
SilentChill

EliteDangerous Horizons Plugin (OLD Archive Thread) Version 3.3.0.2

EliteDangerous Horizons Plugin (VR Version)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kermitkong

kermitkong Active Member Gold Contributor

Hardware Development
    Balance:
    1,246Coins
    Ratings:
    +275 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @kev b
    Totally agree !
    I find the idea great to learn it and make it .
    So I will help too to find the numbers for the future. Btw I also build 3 rigs until now.
    Also friends of mine also in the process of building. So in the future more ‚freaks‘ need the support from all of us.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. 4apaev

4apaev Member

Media
    Balance:
    486Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I've tried to make some sense out of cheat engine, but failed miserably. Maybe some kind of crowdfunding will help? I understand there is considerable time and effort involved, so if someone don't really wish to play Elite itself, other means of compensation will be more interesting?

Currently there is almost none space\flightsim games supporting motion, so since I don`t play racing, chair is just rusting at the corner and there is no real reason for simtools contribution.
  3. kev b

kev b Active Member Gold Contributor

Academic Lecturer - Electrical Engineering
    Balance:
    889Coins
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Yeah - feeling pretty disillusioned myself now. Had another look at CE since 10am this morning (14.30 now) and have zip to show for it. Tried searching for 1.77 as per @value1 'basic introduction' but as a floating point this time. Rolled ship to left and then clicked 1st scan. Problem is you lose focus from ED when clicking scan in CE so I'm not sure if its really catching the values (does CE continually scan the program you selected? even if you lose focus, however if you lose focus from ED then the ship levels back up so how can CE capture the data- sheesh!). I do see values approx 1.77xxxxx listed after the scan - some are fixed and others are changing. I either end up with thousands of or no addresses or a few that don't end up changing their values when I move the ship. Just knowing the process for reducing the addresses down (after they've been captured correctly) would be a help here.....
    As I pointed out in earlier post, there has been a great source of info and help on this forum in building and using Simtools software to get these sims up and running. If a game manufacturer releases API for motion then the community come together and a working plugin is made available that will likely work ad infinitum. In the case of ED though, only a dedicated bunch have been able (and willing) to make a plugin that works only until the game is updated. Now over the years, the guys that produce the plugin always get hassled to make the next plugin - which is hassle (effort and time for them when we are maybe only a few). This 'need' has been because folks don't know (1) how to get the motion data using CE and (2) how to compile a plugin for Simtools. We always waited until an updated plugin became available and used joystick plugin in the meantime.
    Now with the introduction of the .XML file method the problem of how to compile a Simtools plugin has been eliminated but the problem of how to acquire the data using CE remains. I feel there may have been an assumption that many folks know how to get 'whatever data' using CE - which is clearly not the case. It seems a real shame that no specific guidance on how to acquire the motion data could put the whole 'ED using motion data' on the scrap heap for a lot of us unless we rely solely on the couple of guys capable of grabbing the data (which contradicts releasing the .XML method to us).
    In closing, I'm sure none of us are 'hardcore' game hackers and I don't want to learn that (which is what most of the CE vids are at). We only want to get the necessary motion data for ED, so easing the burden on 'those in the know', and make use of the .XML method you've given us. An FD plugin does not look likely anytime soon. Please can someone give us a definitive guide an getting the motion data for use in the .XML
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  4. Benji85

Benji85 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    845Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hear hear! So want my new chair to work with ed. For now it's all about dirt rally ...
  5. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hey everyone :)

Yup its a bummer finding those memory locations lol :D

I'll try have a look when I get chance been busy with other stuff lately not been on my rig for 6 months or so

Edit: I learnt from @value1 tutorial for getting memhook locations everything is there what to do and then it is just time , time and more time searching and searching and more time lol
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  6. kermitkong

Hardware Development
    Balance:
    1,246Coins
    Ratings:
    +275 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Would be super super nice to help us.
    Also to teach us to use CE in every stage to find all men-locations and pointers.

So for roll and pitch seems to be documented, but for all others is definitely not clear enough.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!
  7. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    lol no way im going through that , i get stressed enough getting it right for myself, nevermind showing someone else how to get it wrong or maybe right :D
  8. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. pierre

pierre New Member

Balance:
    102Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello! This plugin update does not work at home. Should we enter the values in the xml file? If yes can you give us the values for each offsets?
  11. Ultimate

Ultimate Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 659Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello, ne fonctionne pas non plus chez moi
  12. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    What ??

Edit : How does it not work ? care to elaborate a little more and use google translate or something
  13. Ultimate

Ultimate Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 659Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Yes sorry for French, I updated the plugin at home and no reaction in the tuning center with version 3.1.3 of Elite
  14. traveltrousers

traveltrousers Active Member

Balance:
    890Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Also doesn't work for me...

I get the .... "offsets.xml not found patch again" message too.
  15. kermitkong

Hardware Development
    Balance:
    1,246Coins
    Ratings:
    +275 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Seems to be work fine on my machine hug:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Cool thats ok then cause I couldn't find any reason here why it wouldn't be working
  17. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,395Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Have you got the latest simtools installed ? and make sure simtools is installed to the default installation folder. Other than that I don't really know
  18. 4apaev

4apaev Member

Media
    Balance:
    486Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Im having problems as well. Patched ok, Simtools recognize Elite running, but no motion and no figs in tuning center. Also error msg "wow64ext.dll is being used without being initialized" pops up on exit.

I`ve recently reinstalled windows, simtools, elite, etc, so maybe something went missing and there is not plugin error.

UPD: problem was due to xml file not being copied via plugin updater. Replaced it with new one manually - everything went moving :thumbs

Thanks a lot, SilentChill! hug:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  19. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Don't worry guys, game offset files will be recognized by the plugin updater and imported correctly with the next version of SimTools. (very soon).
    yobuddy
  20. pierre

pierre New Member

Balance:
    102Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Great SilentChill !!! it works perfectly at home. Actually the problem came from the xml file which was not updated. Thanks to 4apaev who gave me the solution.
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.