1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Delay when using CMPS

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Wiseman1, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Wiseman1

Wiseman1 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 56Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    When playing F1 2017, my fanatec leds won't work. So for that to work I run SLI Manager Pro and Simtools via the CodeMasters Proxy Server (CMPS), but this gives me a delay of some seconds when playing.
    When I am using Simtools only, or SLI Manager only, it is running fine.

Does anybody know what could be wrong? Or is it a bug?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,908Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Maybe both apps use the same port?
    So the packet is only being caught by either one app or the other?
    In the hardware_settings_config.xml for the game you probably need 2 udp senders, one for each app.

I'm not sure how your led's work thou, so hard to say..
    yobuddy
  3. Wiseman1

Balance:
    - 56Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    My led's won't work at all with F1 2017, or I need to use SLI Manager or Fanaleds. But when using one of these apps, Simtools won't work anymore because the led-app uses the port.
    To fix that you can use the CMPS, that program just copies data to multiple ports. But after a while (or sometimes immediatly) this program causes a delay in motion aswell as the led-rev. And I don't know how to fix that.

Is it possible with F1 2017 to edit the hardware settings, to have 2 udp senders? Because I read somewhere it isn't (only Dirt Rally or something).
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,908Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Yes, you can as long as they both don't use the same port.
    (and as long as the other app (for the led's) does not auto patch the game. (wiping out SimTools settings)

Run your setup so that your led's work.
    Look in the file for the line "<udp enabled=" one should be set to true, thats how you know its the right line.
    Copy the line.

Now exit the game and patch the game with SimTools.
    Open the file and paste the line you copied above right below the current "<udp enabled=" so that you have two of them.
    Save the file and you should be all set.

let me know how it goes!
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  5. Wiseman1

Balance:
    - 56Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Well, I tried that but no luck.
    As soon as I start the game, it just deletes the "<udp enabled=" line with the highest port number.
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,908Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Some sort of non buffered UDP pass thru / duplicator would be needed I think.
    Maybe something I could look into at some point.
    Take care,
    yobuddy