1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question 2 DOF Motion Base Shopping List

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Stacy Sammons, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Stacy Sammons

Stacy Sammons New Member

Balance:
    223Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Just getting started on a 2 DOF motion base. I want to order all the parts needed to build a mock-up/proof of concept to learn Simtools and perfect motion before building a real life base.

I based this list from Mode 1 of this forum:

https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...3dof-motor-driver-and-windows-utilities.4957/

The end result will be a simulator to play back 3D ride films.

Along with Simtools and Video Ride Creator, Recorder and Player. Here is a list of items on my shopping list so far.

[​IMG]
    R1206 UNO + Development Board + Breadboard + Bread Wires Set - Blue
    $36.00

[​IMG]

Alloet Dual VNH2SP30 Stepper Motor Driver Module Monster Moto Shield Replace L298N
    $9.40

[​IMG]
    2 Dual Speed High Torque Prop Motors
    $24.99

https://www.frightprops.com/electric-motors/motors/dual-speed-high-torque-prop-motor-mot1.html

(These motors are just to make the small platform move, not for final base)

[​IMG]
    10K LINEAR POTENTIOMETERS

(from local electronics store)

[​IMG]
    5v-5amp (Regulated) Power Supply
    $15.99

https://www.frightprops.com/electric-motors/power/5v-5amp-motor-power-supply-0955-0005-5000.html

I am asking for your input to make sure I am ordering the correct items to make it work. Please let me know if this list is complete and if the prices and suppliers are good.

Thank you all for your help and direction.

Stacy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,947Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    You need a 12v power supply for these motors...
  3. SuperMarioRacing

SuperMarioRacing New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hi
    good luck for your project

To start a base project the list you write could be ok (the dc motor has 6Nm that according to me are low, but i see also that the price is low).
    At the start of my project, i bought only an arduino uno r3 (about 5$ on ebay) and 40 jumper wires (about 1,5$ on ebay. Without breadboard and development board or other)

You don't need the 5v power supply (the pc usb will give the 5v to the arduino board)

You need a 12V 30-40A power supply (aboout 20-30$ on ebay, similar to the picture attached) to drive the motors
    Has more Ampere of what you need but will be ok for future update without other purchase

I hope this helps

ali2.jpg ali.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1