1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Low cost 2DOF/3DOF/6DOF motion simulator - DOF REALITY

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Radioproffi, May 23, 2016.

1. Andy Booth

Andy Booth Active Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Radioproffi,

The replacement backbone frame turned up on my doorstep over the weekend. Thank you very much for the strenghened unit. That was really great service especially since I suggested you didnt need to because I had fixed mine.

But it shows that DofReality is commited to customer satisfaction.

Well done guys and thank you very much

Andy
  2. strkbwlr

strkbwlr New Member

Systems Engineer
    Balance:
    180Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I found the seat I'm going to use. https://www.jegs.com/i/Scat/942/80-1606-64L/10002/-1. Reading reviews on Amazon, many others have used it for their sim rigs and give it good reviews. Should be here in a day to two.
  3. Spacebar

Spacebar New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 6DOF
    Hello, I'm trying to create a ride film in Unity. I've found a few resources but having trouble where to start. I'll link to the resources below but basically what I would like to do is:

1. create a path/track with a camera attached (DONE)
    2. render a 360 video for VR. ( I'm assuming)
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simtools-v2-video-ride-recorder.11511/ ???
    3. Play the ride film exe and have the motion sync.

My final output would be an exe like any game with Simtools recreating the motion as the video/game was being played.
  4. Z FOX

Z FOX New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I bought 2 of these for flight sim use. They both had issues with the H-Bridge on the left motors for some reason, but after that was resolved they worked great. Quiet as well.

So this might not be the place to ask, but in a flight sim when you do a barrel roll these things leave the floor... When the chairs correct from one extreme to another when you pass 180. Anyone know how to correct this?

Tried playing with filtering and "washout," but its so poorly document its not funny and it seemed like it just broke the motion.
  5. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dennis johnson

dennis johnson Member

retired
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    Hi guys,
    I have been thinking about upgrading to motion. I noticed on the website that there is an M2 seat mover model.
    Currently I own a GT Omega Pro cockpit with OSW, CV1, V3 pedals, Fanatec shifter, and 8 transducers.
    Are there any of you that have used this model. Not a lot of info about this one out there.
    I have lots of questions on how this would be integrated with my rig and how well it would work. Would I be able to use my RS6 seat? How would I connect the M2 to the front section of the rig?
    Anyone with experience with this one?

Thanks for any advise
    Dennis
  7. strkbwlr

strkbwlr New Member

Systems Engineer
    Balance:
    180Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Can others that purchased this motion rig let me know how long it took after placing the order to receive the rig? We purchased on June 1st and haven't heard anything other than the initial order acknowledgement.

Thanks!
  8. Radioproffi

Radioproffi Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,567Coins
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    If this is Ken, we've replayed your wife over the email that it will be shipped this week.
  9. Andy Booth

Andy Booth Active Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    When I purchased the P3 rig I had some concerns regarding shipping. The shipping company that DofReality used didnt provide any tracking information and for a few weeks I was left in the dark about the equipments whereabouts.

But the rig came, it took a while, but I cant remember how long it took.

I don't think it's an issue with DofReality, it's just the Ukrain shipping services leaves a little to be desired.

I have never, in the year I have had my rig, heard of DofReality rigs not turning up and to be honest, most people seem to get their kit very quickly.

Have patience and have a little faith, I'm sure the rig will turn up soon.

Andy
  10. Grease

Grease New Member

Balance:
    188Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Can't wait for mine to arrive :)
    Igor said they will ship this week .yay.
  11. Jeffery Ford

Jeffery Ford www.youtube.com/FordEntertainmentGroupFEG

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I purchased the home version of the 2dof. Anyone wanting to see it in action head on over to my youtube channel as I will be streaming my races in it. Im currently building it so look for videos of it in actin LIVE here in the next week.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Jrs8dLNdeMWJmH-It9REA

Attached Files:

• fwg.jpg
      fwg.jpg
      File size:
      83.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Spit40

Spit40 VR Flyer

Balance:
    2,881Coins
    Ratings:
    +198 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Don't use roll/pitch but Extra1/2 - you want the feel/force of the move. Matching the actual angle osn't important.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Spit40

Spit40 VR Flyer

Balance:
    2,881Coins
    Ratings:
    +198 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I would also be interested in anyone else's experience of converting the traction loss to be more of a yaw. Perhaps traction loss feels more like sway than yaw? Unfortunately my experience of using the traction loss as flightsim yaw has not been good due to excessive gear slack. It ends up being too jerky rather than a smooth force. I'm on the Consumer version, so maybe the italian motors/gears are better. I'm also disappointed in gear slack on pitch/roll but have addresed that by moving more weight forward.
  14. krazycanuck

krazycanuck New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    195Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have the H3 with traction loss? Trying to determine the motor size ( voltage / wattage ) - like to know the specs on the H3 and P3 motors specifically.

Much appreciated all... I've been told they are 24v motors - but I don't know if there is a difference in the wattage / gear ratio's on the motors to provide more force etc....
  15. krazycanuck

krazycanuck New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    195Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have the H3 with traction loss? Trying to determine the motor size ( voltage / wattage ) - like to know the specs on the H3 and P3 motors specifically.

Much appreciated all... I've been told they are 24v motors - but I don't know if there is a difference in the wattage / gear ratio's on the motors to provide more force etc....
  16. nilzilla

nilzilla New Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I've been using traction loss to simulate yaw using the Sway output for DCS (works pretty well with 100% smoothing) and Xplane 11 (with 100% smoothing and deadzone of 1, small planes and commercial airliners only, not fighter jets as they are very jerky). I also tried to use Extra3 in Aerofly FS2, but that still feels too jerky.. Also I highly recommend using rudder foot pedals as the rudder controls on most joysticks zero's back too quickly after release and causes more unwanted jerky motions.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Soma888

Soma888 New Member

Balance:
    149Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi
    Does anyone have a screenshot of where you add Yaw for the P3 version? I’m playing DCS World and can’t work out which setting the Yaw goes in. Currently I can Extra 1 in the DOF 1 column, changing that to Yaw doesn’t seem to do anything.

Thanks
  18. nilzilla

nilzilla New Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...yone-share-me-theirs.11273/page-2#post-157537

Use "Sway" instead of extra 1, also switch from basic to standard axis profiles as you need to use axis filters. You will need the filter for smoothing for the propeller planes in DCS.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Soma888

Soma888 New Member

Balance:
    149Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
  20. marco balletta

marco balletta Member

Balance:
    1,445Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -0

Hi there. I am looking into a 3 or 4 dof commercial rig for a $2000 price tag.

For a 3 dof I saw the dofreality h3

Will it be a nightmare to calibrate ?
    I have no clue about driving rigs. I am newby

Thanks!