1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Brunner 6 DOF Platform

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Zed, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    https://www.brunner-innovation.swiss/product/vr-motion-200/

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zed

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    A person over at the Aerofly forum said Brunner is only selling this platform as a complete package, fully configured, with seat and force feedback controls, computer, etc, for something over $100,000.
  3. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Yet another over price, very old technology Stewart Platform :rolleyes:, excuse me while I take a nap in the corner :) .
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Zed

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    It’s way overpriced in my opinion, but it’s also not intended for us. How many flight schools are going to delay opening for a year while they build a flight sim or three for their students?

The reason I posted this wasn’t to put you to sleep. Many of us here can learn from how others do things. Information and knowledge are good things. Comparing and contrasting are good things.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  5. SeatTime

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes, at $100K, obviously meant for a different market, but were's the innovation in any of this - seems to be missing in allot of things nowadays.. My sleep comment had a smiley face after it :) - in AUS that means it was not meant to be taken as a serious comment.
  6. Zed

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Who says it has to be innovative? If you look at the motion platforms here, how many are really innovative? Mine's not. It’s a standard 2 dof, but it has a number of features that others don’t. And the Brunner can be outfitted with a number of options that might earn it a somewhat innovative. Once you get past the number of degrees of freedom, they are really fairly similar. But yet there are differences and we can learn from them. And if you look at the Brunner, there are differences there as well.

As to the smiley face disarming your post, maybe I misinterpreted it but you posted here and called me out again on your own thread so I replied. I posted the video here for people who were interested to have a look. You basically attacked it in both places. Not sure why you felt you needed to do that, but have a smiley and we can call this a non-serious comment as well. :)
  7. SeatTime

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Sorry if I upset you, it was certainly not my intention. Just feel that the commercial sector in general often lacks anything new or 'inovative' - even movies nowadays just roll out more versions of the same thing - all too afraid of failure. Best if I keep my social comments off this site in the future.
  8. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,543Coins
    Ratings:
    +453 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    SeatTime - please don't censor your comments - they always make me smile :)

its a nice looking rig but it is a bit simple for 100k imho - but you will get support and a working product from a real company, a turnkey solution

i would like to see it move as a driving simulator - i suspect those motors are ac and are very lazy
  9. SimPotato

SimPotato Member

Designer
    Balance:
    479Coins
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Lovely to get a little bite of this cake:

dan-pic.png
    • Agree Agree x 1