1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question DofReality P3 Rig, SRD-M3 Digital Dash and Project Cars 2

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Andy Booth, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Andy Booth

Andy Booth Active Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello all, I wonder of somebody can help.

I have my DofReality P3 rig wth an SRD-M3 digital dashboard attached.

upload_2018-4-5_7-17-38.png

For most games I start the game via the SRD-M3 and everything works fine. Dashboard displays speed, gear etc and motion works fine.

But with Project Cars 2, I cant seem to have both the digital dash and motion. I can have motion if I just run Project Cars 2 from the Desktop (via Steam) however if I try to run Project Cars 2 from the SRD-M3 screen, the sim works fine but even though the Game Manager and Game Engine are Blue, there is no motion

upload_2018-4-5_7-23-40.png

And I get this error message

upload_2018-4-5_7-25-22.png

The SRD-M3 software says I should set the Shared Memory to Project Cars 1

upload_2018-4-5_7-27-33.png

Which I have done, and also tried with the Shared Memory to Project Cars 2 as well. Neither of those options work. If I set the shared memory to Project Cars 2 I get a similar Shared Memory mismatch error message.

Now, I'm not sure whats causing the problem but Im posting on this site and under this part of the forum because Im using the DofReality rig and there does seem to be some sort of an issue or conflict between Simtools and Project Cars 2, and I'm more likely to get sensible help and suggestions on this forum than on a PCars 2 forum.

So, does anybody have any ideas whats happening here?

SimTools and the PCars 2 Plugin is the most up to date version (just had to reformat my pc so installed all the latest drivers and plugins etc) and PCars 2 is a new clean install through Steam. I don't have any issues with Assetto Corsa. The SRD-M3 dispay works fine with the motion. I have not had chance to try any other software because, as I said, I've only just re-installed software.

I had this problem previously (before the recent re-installation) and every other sim I was using worked fine with the motion and the display (Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, Dirt Rally, iRacing), and I have no reason to believe that they wouldn't work again, so it just seems to be related to PCars 2 and probably the Shared Memory.

Any ideas anybody?

OK, so it's not the end of the world if I don't have the display, the game still works and the the motion still works. But it's annoying me and I would like to make things work as they should.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you guys may have to offer.

Regards

Andy
  2. FireEck

FireEck New Member

Project manager (Systems engineer)
    Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I don't use the SRD-M3 so I'm not an expert on this issue but from what I understand you have two applications (SRD and SimTools) to access the same share memory data what gives you an error.

Did you ever try to use the UDP plugin for PC2? The guys from dofreality recommend to use the UDP plugin over the share-memory plugin for the rig. That way you would have UDP communication for SimTools and share memory for the SRD software what might solve the problem - just guessing though..
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Andy Booth

Andy Booth Active Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi FireEck

No, I never tried the UDP version mainly because I don't understand what it is.

I did download the UDP plugin but was a little weary to actually try.

Guess I should just bite the bullet and try it.

Hey, what could go wrong?

Andy
  4. patoch

patoch l'AUvergnat de france Gold Contributor

Balance:
    41Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    hello jai le méme probleme !!! que toi avec SRD-M3 et projet cars2 sinon tout les autre jeux de course fonctionne aussi si tu trouve la solution fais le savoir!!je cherche aussi merci
  5. Andy Booth

Andy Booth Active Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Ah for the joy that is Google Translate.

Well I tried the UPD version and it worked, but not without issues.
    When The Game Manager and Game Engine turned blue, the section changed from PCars2 UDP to just the normal PCars 2 and then crashed to desktop.
    This happened a number of times (5 to 6) before PCars2 worked OK.
    Then one time I did get it to work I only had the left hand motor and traction loss motor working (but not sure if that's related).

So I had Shared Memory to PCars1 (as per requirements of the SRD-M3) and UDP Protocol to Project Cars2. Cant remember what I set the UDP Frequency to however but I think I tried mid range (not sure if changing that UDP frequency higher or lower would make any difference). As I said earlier, I chose Project Cars 2 UDP for PC.

When you consider getting rid of the frequent and random crashes back to desktop was the reason I reformatted my PC, then I'm not sure if its really worth the effort since i was still getting the random crashes however the change did work and when it worked, it worked well. Perhaps tweaking the UDP frequency (still dont understand what UDP is really is) would make the system more stable.

I realized however that Since I have not been able to run PCars 2 with the dashboard, I have got used to looking at gear and fuel information on the screen. Looking at the dashboard is sort of superfluous. Add to that because of my deteriorating eyesight (age huh, isnt it a bitch), I don't need glasses for my projected image but do need glasses to read the display. So I ended up perching my glasses on the end of my nose and looked over my glasses for driving and then had to look down and through my glasses to read the display. And then the motion would rattle my glasses off my nose.
    I now need to go out and buy new variable focus glasses.

BUT IT WORKED.

Thanks FireEck

Andy