1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New 3d Printer Help needed

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by Fluke, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Fluke

Fluke Member

Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I have recently bought a Creality CR-10s printer and have been learning how to use it. I recently installed an EZABL auto leveling kit and am using Marlin firmware and have run into a problem when measuring the bed level.

As you can see in the video below, every thing runs fine until it reaches the 4th probe position where the sensor tries to measure off bed. Can anyone tell me what I need to change in the firmware to resolve the issue? - Thanks

2. FireEck

FireEck New Member

Project manager (Systems engineer)
    Balance:
    94Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I don't have the same printer but also the z-probe. Did you adjust the probe offset to extruder and the probing area according to your printer? Check this video below (at 6:09). It helped me to set up the z-probe firmware parameters.

3. profetadelmus

profetadelmus New Member

Balance:
    - 60Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    In Marlin firmware, the leveling is configured in section "Bed Auto Leveling".
    I enable AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID and adjust the four PROBE_BED_POSITIONs to adjust to the printer bed settings. In your video, seems that these settings are bad.
  4. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    just yesterday finally corrected my diy 3d printer errors.... what did i do??? i took out the probe and i got back to my good old z mechanical endstop switch.... and it works grate.... i think that in my case the problems could be due to my aluminium hotbed (some times probes have problems to "feel" aluminium, you should add some metalic tape to your bed) or the bad quality of my probe... if i ever go back to probe (i wont) i would try to use a mecachanical probe ( i dont remember the name, but you know what i mean, the probe that has some kind of needle)

just for the record i tryed with two diferent probes and after intalling them, little by little they fail... obviously this is my case, probes are super popular, but if everything failes.... go back to mechanical endstop... wich is better than a broken 3d printer

fer
  5. Fluke

Fluke Member

Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I have it sorted now, because of the sensor mount I just had to adjust the probe locations. :thumbs
    • Informative Informative x 1