1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial GameVibe Manual

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Dec 25, 2017.

1. finagle69

finagle69 New Member

Balance:
    170Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Great, thanks for the help :)
  2. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Same here, for test purposes, i tested LFS i get all stuff to work, the motion seat works, game dash (windsim) works fine, but gamevibe still not.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Michael Keymont

Michael Keymont “I’m racing a Ferrari in the Matrix...” Gold Contributor

Creative Technologist
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I'm getting an error when trying to save my soundcard selection, related to SlimDX.dll. I'm running SimTools v2.2 and the "B40" version of GameVibe. Ami Missing something obvious? I posted about this on the GameVibe download discussion as well, but with more detail.

Can't wait to try this out!
  4. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,237 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    you have posted this in three different threads now. someone will look into it please be patient.

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/iracing-plugin.4774/page-13#post-150963
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Have you read the first post? The OP?

"fyi, GameVibe also silently install SlimDX so it can use its sound processing engine on newer PC.
    So if you see it installed, that is where it came from and is required to make GameVibe function in most cases
    Also, I believe DirectX is also required to be installed (which really should not be a problem in most cases)"

I would install SlimDX and/or DirectX...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Keymont

Michael Keymont “I’m racing a Ferrari in the Matrix...” Gold Contributor

Creative Technologist
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I posted in 2 threads not 3, because they were both relevant threads to post in. I also specifically mentioned that I posted elsewhere in my second post because the first post contained the detailed error information and the second post was just a heads up that I had run into this issue. I'm not impatient in the least. I paid for this software in early january and it hasn't been functional at all. I'm not complaining and I'm not impatient. I'm interested in getting it working, but I don't need it as I already have a working solution.

Game Vibe is in beta, as is the new iRacing plugin that Value1 posted just yesterday, and testing information is valuable. By the way, Blame73, of course I read the OP - I read every post in the thread - that's how I knew that this was a unique error and worth reporting. I reinstalled Game Vibe several times as well as the other normal things one would do in such a situation. Ultimately, I installed the developer version of SlimDX and it started working. The End User version didn't solve it. This could be something that is unique to my PC, though, as I do write software on it and things like this can happen on a development machine.

Cheers,
    Mike
  7. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    And me still can't bring vibe to work. Vibe output activated, patched LFS, plugin is installed and all other stuff (motionseat and windsim) is working...vibe profile editor don't show the vibs. For the moment, i give up.
  8. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Bastiuscha,
    I think I found the solution.
    Please try it again, but this time only launch GameVibe after LFS is running and you are on the track (in the game).
    Please let me know how it goes, I believe it will work.
    yobuddy
  9. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Sry, i tried it, but that don't work too. :/ Even as administrator. But maybe with my second pc it works...i will check tomorrow (i'm on road with my notebook). I think...something i must do wrong, because the problem is on two computer...that can't be a coincidence?! :) Maybe i should do a video... after my check tomorrow with my racingsim pc.
  10. Jakub

Jakub New Member

Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Similar issue with latest PC2, rF2 & AC plugins. The only way I can get GameVibe to recognize that the game is on is by
    switching Game Manager On/Off when the game is running.

All looks fine in GameVibe Tuning Center however transducer is silent.

GV.png

Dirt and LFS works fine.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    If i turn Off/On, all tools stop and if i turn on again, the game engine and game dash work, but game vibe still remain is dead.
  12. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
  13. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Can you tell me, how dumb one man can be? Of course i had V2.1! I was sure, that a have the latest version. After your question, i checked again and found that disgrace. Since the first test with LFS and Assetto Corsa, in both sims, Game Vibe show me the values in the profile editor. :thumbs

But one problem left...on soundcart setup and on the vibe creator, i can hear the testsounds and on the tunning center, i can see the valuechanges during drving, but no sounds still. I believe here in this thread is the solution for that. I will read from the beginning again. Much thanks man!
  14. SBDESIGN

SBDESIGN some knowledge

director
    Balance:
    125Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    @Bastiuscha
    lol i think thats my issue too...2.1

your now further than me!
    did u try the initial suggestions after upgrade?

game manager off and on during game and load vibe once on track
  15. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    This is all ok guy's!
    It's a beta, so stuff like wrong versions happens.

But I think we are narrowing down onto the problem, and that's great!
    At least we know why we had some different results now.

Take care all,
    yobuddy
  16. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    my tests on nolimists 2 always returns to "trackdetail_vibrationID.cfg and Speed_vibrationID.cfg not found? gamevibe will now exit ".
    anyones can provide me a solution?
  17. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Please report it in the tread for the plugin buddy.
    The plugin itself will need updating.
    yobuddy
  18. ericRacer

ericRacer You get old because you stop playing ! Gold Contributor

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    like Bastiuscha, i have the exact same problem and i am on Simtools vers 2.2
  19. ericRacer

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    ok it works now with AC hug: i can't say what i did exactly but it seem that i had (probably) a conflict with simvibe, i played with the sound card config just after closed simvibe and it began working, it seem to me i have the same config then before, i can't say what happen :think
  20. ericRacer

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    ok i re-tested simvibe and after my test, game vibe doesn't works again but.... what i found...
    My sound card works with realtek driver and i have an option to split the signal between front (where my headset is connected) and rear (my buttkicker).
    I am able to make gamevibe working with this config (as simvibe) (headset is configured as main device and buttkicker as second communication device) but i'm not able to succeed at the first try.

if i connect my headset at the back and i set my config as quadraphonic(as yobuddy explained at the beginning), everything works as expected.