1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

ZYT90 clarification

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by joel043, Feb 18, 2018.

1. joel043

joel043 New Member

Automotive Engineering student
    Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody,

Right now I am in the process of looking for suitable DC motors for a frame mover (actually a monocoque mover). Since the monocoque itself including the hardware will be around 70kg and the person's weight should cap out around 120kg, I really doubt that SCN5's will do.
    For suitable motors I was looking at the ZYT90 motors with the MCP4 gearboxes as sold by motioncontrolproducts.co.uk and motiondynamics.au, looking at the supplied data puzzled me.

The gearboxes are exactly the same, the MCP4, available in different ratios. The problem is in the DC motors themselves. The appear to be exactly the same: 90mm diameter and 155 or 199mm in length, but the two suppliers provide completely different specifications for these. For example if we look at the ZYT90-155:

Motiondynamics supplies a version with 0.6Nm torque with options of 1600/3200RPM at 12V (16A), where the motioncontrolproducts one only has 0.4Nm torque at 1500RPM at 12V (23A). How is it possible that motiondynamics can supply a motor of the same size, torque specifications and power needed for a motor with 2 options of RPM so far apart?
    I also don't understand the power ratings they give: motiondynamics = 200W and motioncontrolproducts = 60W (surely must be a typo). Shouldn't 12V*23A be 276W?

Looking at the high torque ZYT90-199 version the same thought applies:
    How do they get their power rating, how can the motioncontrolproducts one use the same current and voltage and supply 3 times as much torque. Why do motiondynamics say it is 320W and motioncontrolproducts say 180W, where it should be way more than 276W?

I think you guys get the point. Anyone who can clarify some things on these motors?....
    I was looking for the 320W versions because I thought that the 200W versions couldn't cope with the weight. Is this correct or will they suffice in a normally balanced rig of this weight?

Yours sincerely,

Joël
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018