1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial GameVibe Manual

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Jymä

Jymä Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @Daguru @Lol4 I tried increasing volume. If I increase it a lot, vibration will be noticeable with different frequencies. But then when I change back to 23-24hz using that volume level - earthquake time as Daguru said. :grin I also played this bass test straight from my phone and again the frequency range was very narrow. Although the video isn't correct I think (23-24hz in GameVibe was comparable to 40-45hz in this video). *youtube*

Some specifications of ST-BS250 bass shakers say they work 30-100hz. Ok, they might make some vibration but they only really work at 23-24hz... Unless there is some problem with my amplifier, but I guess it's unlikely. Fortunately GameVibe has such precise adjustments. :thumbs For these shakers it would be nice to have 0.5hz steps though. @yobuddy
    My simple setup (WONDOM AA-AB32971 2x100w amp):
    IMG_20180202_143156.jpg
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Active Member

director
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Anyone using this for DCS world ??
  3. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +632 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    No plugin for DCS world with game vibe support yet but I will once it lands i will , excuse the pun :)
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    We used to have .25 and we found it was un-needed.
  5. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    a solution for DCS ( and any other games ) isnt professional, but IS good. Simple redirect your main sound. Just open control panel, sound, RECORDING, stereo MIXER, and put your line out for transducers in it. At this point, you should be sound on a original out sound card, and a "clone" sound out on transducer sound card. Of course, not ALL frequencys on this card. So, use a low bass filter on amplifier. If you dont have it, use a simple and free software like a https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ its free and really good filter. put only low bass frequencys between 10 - 90hz, and all its ok. OFF COURSE, inst the same as REAL hz on GAME VIBE software, but its interesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Evan Rowlands

Evan Rowlands EMR Industries

business owner/ EMR industries
    Balance:
    - 72Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    gday guys for some reason ive only got gamevibe 1 gameibe 2 and so on
    it doesnt say RPM or any of the other ones
    ive turned on vibe in the game manager .
    ive also noticed in the tunning centre its the same
    i downloaded the file and install ed i followed the instructions and setup up the sound card
    i get vibe when test it in there but if i look in tuning centre or profile editor it doesnt look the same as the instructions ..i noticed someone else posted the same issue but i could find an answer to the question
    cheers
  7. llluis

llluis Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,630Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    It will change only when you start the game.
    And remember you need Dirt Rally plugin with GameVibe support (there are 2 published, one with and one without) or the LFS built-in. (or KartRacing Pro published a few days ago).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Member

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Question guys. I am not getting anything out of GameVibe. I have checked and rechecked all the settings. I do get a buzz, when I turn testing on and ramp up and down. I was able to capture data from LFS, so all good there.

I am trying to use the transducers/exciters that I have made custom made for my other business. I was going to put one on each heave and surge flap of the g-seat I am working on. Now here is where the issue may be. The are good down to about 200Hz. So if the output of GameVibe is between 5Hz and 100Hz, am I going to get anything, or is it just simply below the range? I am thinking this is why I am not getting anything, but wanted to see what others thought.

Andrew
  9. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    In know, i know, that picture we have here more than one times...but i have to post it again, to explane my mind. :)
    Since a short time, we have GameVibe support (for ASSETTO CORSA) in the lastest plugin update. But on the profile editor, i have still no entry's. It's my first contact to gamevibe, so i think, i do some wrong. But you can see, on the screenshot, on LFS, i have the same issue. What i can do wrong? I installed ne lastest plugin, with the updater and activated (10ms)gamevibe on the gamemanager. Soundcheck's on the vibe creator works fine.

[​IMG]
  10. llluis

Balance:
    1,630Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Was the game running? Are you using only GameVibe or do you have a motion sim too?
  11. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes it was running, but LFS btw not. I did not know, that it must be running, to show that. :) But again, AC was running. Yes i use motion sim and GameDash too.
  12. llluis

Balance:
    1,630Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Keep that window open and start the game and a race. With the racing going check the window. It must have changed.
    Start with LFS. :)
  13. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, that was my plan...i the meanwhile, i installed LFS. (I had to install new, because i installed win10 last week) But with LFS, i now have a second problem. The gamemanager don't find LFS. He do not connect?! I installed it, like many times before. The race begins, but "game running" will not appear. For tests, i can use my notebook. There is LFS and simtools installed too. But, what is here wrong. ;D Now, i will going to check that stuff on my notebook.

[​IMG]
  14. llluis

Balance:
    1,630Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I can't read the patch status. Was it patched?
    Did you enable Vibe output in GamrManager?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Oh man, of course i did not patch the game. :oops: That was the reason for the "game running" problem. How dumb....

Now LFS works on my PC and on my notebook too. But on both machines, gamevibe still don't work. Yes like i said, i activated vibe with 10ms. I start the game, but nothing on the gamevibe window is changing. And maybe important: on the vibe tunning center, the informations from LFS don't arrive. That means, i don't see, any valuechanges during driving.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Member

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    I am using LFS on my g-seat. Everyting is working with the G-seat just as it should. Game patched, vibe enabled in GameManager. So everything works here, just not the vibe.

Andrew
  17. finagle69

finagle69 New Member

Balance:
    170Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    I am borrowing a Buttkicker Gamer 2 from a buddy. Is there a way to use it with GameVibe? I understand the setup for quad or 5.1, but I'm not sure what needs to be done for setting up the Gamer 2 as it's just a single jack.
  18. llluis

Balance:
    1,630Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes you can use it.
    Just select the right channel in GameVibe when configuring the effect.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Just a reminder that you need SimTools v2.2 or above to run GameVibe.
    GameVibe also needs to be setup before it will do anything.
    (there is not built in Hi/Low settings yet for any games)

take care,
    yobuddy
  20. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Member

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Yep. 2.2 and I think the setup is all correct. I get output when I turn on "testing", but noting when I run the game. That is why I was wondering if it could be the transducers, but it looks like I am not the only one with the problem. Is there something we could be missing in the setup or something?