1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DoF Sim Almost Complete

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Tech2123, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Tech2123

Tech2123 Tech2123

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Here is My DIY 2DoF sim, With Help from RacingMat & BSFT, THANK you guys for all your Help and Guidence.

Still waiting on Big Gear Motors 3-4 Weeks out according to Shipper, The wipers are mostly for test for now.

Still need to mounts the Pots, but have all the electronics running with Sim-tools.

I still need some guidance how to incorporate the dash code into Ardurino 2dof code that I am using from RacingMat?
    Arduino code: 2DOF and 2 pins direction Hbridge 1.1
    Dash using: Arduino Uno and TM1638

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi Tech,

Can you tell me more about your LCD mount? Do you think it will flex at all? Is there a plan to reenforce them? I was just wondering about the number of joints up to the LCDs. I am thinking of adding two more 32" monitors to my rig and am looking for ideas on fabricating a mount.

Thanks and great looking rig so far.

David
  3. Tech2123

Tech2123 Tech2123

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    This is 1/4" Aluminum, the machine shop suggested for strength and weight, it does flex a small bit, but has not gotten any sim use yet, Im hoping that if I keep the profile not so aggressive wont be a problem, as for the Joint I will watch them to see if they need reinforcing, it was some pretty thick walled tubing and strong welds, not sure I will have a issue there but??? ya never know, there is a guy on Youtube with three and same type mount and his looked very stable.

32" are Much more heavier then my 22", Maybe a square tube bracket across the top of the aluminum.
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I was thinking the same thing, perhaps some type of gussets at each joint. I like the design you are using though.
  5. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,876Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi!
    You can send to me the LCD code you're using... I'll have a look next week.
  6. Tech2123

Tech2123 Tech2123

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I am using Arduino code: 2DOF and 2 pins direction Hbridge 1.1 for the sim. located under firmware.

I have the TM1638 Digital readout I would like to use, at this time I do not have the code, to include, Im assuming you have to add the code to the sim code for it to work?? I have never used adruino yet or the coding. other then I uploaded and wrote Arduino code: 2DOF and 2 pins direction Hbridge 1.1 to my arduino uno to make the motors work art this point.

There is another firmware for Arduino and the tm1638 but it was not for the UNO so im not sure if it will work.
  7. shanothegreat

shanothegreat Member Gold Contributor

Technician
    Balance:
    496Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT
    Be careful with aluminium as it work hardens with movement particularly near the heat affected zone near the welds.

You should use gussets to help spread the load if you are unable to post heat treat it.

The gussets or bracing doesn't need to be welded necessarily, it could be brackets screwed to the side at 45 degrees.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tech2123

Tech2123 Tech2123

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok that makes good sense to me ill add some 45 degree brackets from outside monitors back down to main support, it is a little wobbly that would stiffen it up a lot, thanx for the tip.
  9. Tech2123

Tech2123 Tech2123

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Update: Sim still in progress, I put it on back burner for a year or so.
    Now I am back at it again, New Motors Attached, Nice Machines Shafts for the Arms and pots.
    , trying to get the Jittering Problem squared away, I think I have made progress on that front, Now I have 1 issue left, How do I change the MAX Limit Range for the POTS.
    1 Dir I get 80% Range
    Other Dir I get 15% Range
    I am using RaceingMats 2014 Schetch, SimTools not currently active at all, just using the IDE terminal windows from Aurduino.
    2DOF (31).jpg

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/2dof-help-with-settings.11504/#post-149042
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  10. Tech2123

Tech2123 Tech2123

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1