1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY G-Seat

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by early_m, Feb 23, 2017.

1. early_m

early_m Active Member

Balance:
    824Coins
    Ratings:
    +341 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Yeah go for it. Any questions just give me a shout and I'll do my best to answer them. Send me a link to your thread and I'll watch it with interest.
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 1oldbiker

1oldbiker Member

Balance:
    281Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I am planning to put the heave and surge forces into the seat on my sim. I'm currently 2dof with loss of traction. I like how you engineered the flaps and linkage. I'm planning on using Teleflex cables with bellcranks and 50:1 worm drive motors. Linkage is still pending. I will be a while getting started though as I broke my collarbone and now have metal plate and screws. So I have a 2 month break in playing with the driving sim.

i
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stephaned61

stephaned61 New Member

Balance:
    378Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Hello, I am very interested in your project, I am also doing a G-Seat integrated in a bucket seat.
    Do you have the links of the sites where you buy the 9V power supply, the 33-43mm track rod, etc ...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. early_m

early_m Active Member

Balance:
    824Coins
    Ratings:
    +341 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Good plan, that is also what I intend to do.

Mostly all off ebay. Was a while ago so don't have links I'm afraid.

Good luck with your build
  5. early_m

early_m Active Member

Balance:
    824Coins
    Ratings:
    +341 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    They really do add to the immersion. Good luck with your build and a speedy recovery of your injury
  6. 1oldbiker

1oldbiker Member

Balance:
    281Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    It sucks being broken. I'm 70+ and should know better. I've been riding bicycles for 35 years and I had a "it can't happen to me" attitude. But when the gang of children I was following (20-30 yr olds) hit that 16 foot tall wooden wall, I just had to follow. I was glad I had good medical insurance. Good drugs also helped. lol I'm going to get an aluminum Kirkey seat and put the flaps and linkages into it. I'll reenforce it where the bellcranks and linkages go. I have a nice Sparco seat now but I don't want to butcher it. I'm going to put the motors for the heave and surge in a separate box to keep the weight off the sim. The idea of using the Teleflex cable is so boss. I'm in the process of buying the necessary parts.