1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF Compact Frame Mover

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Limongi, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Limongi

Limongi Member

Balance:
    - 7Coins
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Ahh! I thought if on separate planes of motion (meaning sway and roll do ostensibly the same thing in the rig albeit opposite in direction) you add the forces but if not you think of them separately.

I will try and shoot some video and share settings after playing around with this new understanding.

Thanks NB!
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. Edson Lourenço Bezerra

Edson Lourenço Bezerra Edson Bezerra - Desenvolvedor Open Source

Analista de Sistema
    Balance:
    147Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Hi, What kind is your pot?
  3. Limongi

Limongi Member

Balance:
    - 7Coins
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Limongi

Limongi Member

Balance:
    - 7Coins
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Well I was waiting to upload some video until
    I had time to edit somthing entertaining with the replay and sound overlayed etc but that won't likely happen until work slows down after the holidays. Here is some crap iPhone footage of my rig moving.

Just want to say I am over the moon with how good this feels. It may not look like much but after taking noorbeasts (always listen to noorbeast fyi!) advice in set up and getting over the initial lack of roller coaster like range of motion and realizing that it's a very subtle game to trick the mind in VR I feel I'm at 140% of what my goals were and have some plans to add some wind effects and heave in the seat (like seat time).

Also finally got my 330mm wheel and a 3D printer so expect some refinements and evolution to come.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. Edson Lourenço Bezerra

Edson Lourenço Bezerra Edson Bezerra - Desenvolvedor Open Source

Analista de Sistema
    Balance:
    147Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Thankfully, unfortunately here in Brazil these models are of poor quality. I just got a lot of maintenance! :)