1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

rFactor Profiles - 100mm SCN5 - by Master Yoda

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by MasterYoda, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Game: rFactor
    Intended Sim Hardware: 2 SCN5 Frex-Style design (On-Road)
    Actuators: 100mm
    25% Limiter: Yes
    Math Plugins Used: 1:1 G-Force, Smooth washout
    Designed for Specific Vehicle: Yes - F1 MMG
    Includes Program Settings: No
    Includes Gauges: No
    Speed / Acceleration Values: 16911 / Accel: 601 (Fixed on Synaptrix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wQ4xQc-ing

Disclaimer: It's simple. If one of these profiles harms you or your equipment, I am sorry but am not liable in any way. Use this profile / setting combination at your own risk. Do NOT use these profiles if your 25% limiter is not enabled.

Well this is my first try to make a profile... So, be kind and say it is nice! :mug1:

I was trying to make a profile that would me make fell the G forces of the F1, without too much of lateral movement.
    With this profile I can feel all track bumps, etc... gear changes, good brake and acceleration, and cornering forces (not steady).
    Some will say this is too tough, but that is exactly what I was looking for as I used to use Pure G force on Frex SCM.
    This is even stronger than that, but, this is a F1 car, not a kids toy guys! ;D

Hope you guys enjoy. My neck is completely destroyed after this profile testing...
    This is just a Beta and will be improved.

Thanks to Bvillersjr for all his help and profiles from where I learned how to start! :highfive:

Cheers,

Edit 2009-02-18 -> Corrected Speed/Accel values on description.
    Edit 2009-03-17 -> Uploaded a new profile with corrected lateral accel. values.

Attached Files:

2. viper221w

viper221w New Member

Technical Architect for Accenture
    Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have everything setup as stated, however I had a question.

Is there anyway to get more lateral motion, the frex software in pure g mode moved alot more from side to side under cornering. I would like the same capability in x-sim?

In addition there is less vibration than frex when you rev the engine the car doesn't vibrate as much, how can I change this?

Thanks,

Paul
  3. mrpio

mrpio New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First of all, thanks MasterYoda for placing your profile, without it I would have no idea where to start. But, as I mentioned in another thread, I was far from happy with how it worked for me.

I am still working on my profile, so not ready to post it here, which I will do, but I do have a few words of advice for viper:

1. Try removing all the washout lines in math (to whatever noobs may be reading this - remember that you have to make any changes to BOTH actuators) - they introduce a strange counter-realistic effect. For example, when I stop accelerating (coast on clutch), the seat goes to front quite a bit, and then only back to center. I have deleted it, and it absolutely clarified the forces for me, and somehow lateral forces became alright now.
    2. Try reducing the vertical movement influence - in MasterYoda's profile (50%!) ride is extremely bumpy, bumps dominate over the whole experience and they obscure other forces, especially with the movement range being so limited. I suggest trying 10-20%.
    3. Remember that, unlike with FREX, you are using a 25% range limiter here, so the forces will never be quite the same unless you want to take the risk of taking out all the stops.
    4. You can also try swapping the 100% and 80% influence rates between longitudinal and lateral forces. Hell, experiment with 100% for both, you shouldn't break anything I hope. It seems that MY chose to focus on forces other than lateral, you may choose otherwise. I havent tried that yet, only occurred to me as I wrote this.

I am now playing with different acceleration and speed values in the SCN5 setup, will try to develop some math to make movement smoother while still effective, although I suspect that task may be beyond the potential of myself and of the software. I think I know how to develop a Frex-style custom gradation, but I'm hoping that something better is achievable after all.
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Not at all. But making profiles needs some experience which you are gathering right now. In the end it is no rocket science, and you will be able to make brilliant profiles for yourself. Though personal preferrences are differing obviously.
    I am no friend of washout effects for racing simulations as well, btw.

The goal is to have a big bunch of different community profiles available. So dont hesitate to work out profiles, and talk about pros and cons of different settings.
    We need alot more group knowledge regarding this issue.

Once you have comprehended the basics, it is really easy to build new profiles. I am able to build a basic profiles within a few minutes, though I cant yet, because without direct actuator feedback it is not possible actually.

Regards
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    In case you are not able to get that effect due to finetune the profile settings, then you simply could mix in ForceFeedback effects additionally.
    The engine and curb rumble FF effects are capturable with Yoda.
  6. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

I've just uploaded a corrected profile.
    There was one of the actuators with a wrong input lat. accel. values.

I believe the smooth wash out filters are required due to long straights where you don't want your seat to be always full backwards and end up with no range to anything that may happen in the middle. This is more evident on the F1, too much forces, but should not be an issue with a GT car.

This profile is specific to the F1, the way I like to feel its ride...

Cheers,
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Where is the file?
  8. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
  9. mrpio

mrpio New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But the seat if fully backwards only in the rare circumstances of max acceleration, 1st or 2nd gear!

Personally, I am liking the logarythmic scaler now. Still experimenting.

Cheers
  10. viper221w

viper221w New Member

Technical Architect for Accenture
    Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Something rather strange happened tonight, firstly Profiler seemed to stop passing a signal to the actuators even though everything seemed to be fine. Upon opening Profiler it would reset to the center position, however upon loading rfactor or any other plugin there would be no signal. Anyhow after spending over an hour messing around and not getting things to work I decided to re-install X-Sim2 and then re-load masteryoda's plugin. I then changed the G-Force settings so each axis was set to 100% and removed all the washout filters.

Anyway now when I run an F1 car in rFactor I get much better movement, I even noticed on one highspeed righthand corner the seat appeared to bottom out at the bottom of the actuator and yet the 25% limiter is applied in the SCN5 plugin. I have to say this feels much better than what I had before, I will upload a video for you guys to see, I am sorry to say my brother who shot the video did not turn on the light so it's still a little dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcVdxbupTXQ
  11. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Cool! :clap:

I can see you shaking around pretty good! :lol:

It seems you had some sort of handshake problem with your converters which was fixed after reinstalling X-Sim. I noticed that sometimes if you settings for timings are extreme they may work intermittently.

BTW, which Silverstone version were you using? Link?

Cheers,