1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Race 07 and GTRE Profiles - 150mm SCN5 - SimXperience II

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by bvillersjr, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: SimXperience II - Race 07 and GTRE Profiles for SCN5

Yes, I set the speed/acc for both. I will try your new one later. I think it's maybe because I don't know what it is supposed to be like, it is probably right.

2. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: SimXperience II - Race 07 and GTRE Profiles for SCN5

I posted some videos of your profile the thread, the vertical movement does make a difference.
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I have updated the starting post of this thread with a new version of the Race 07 profile. It used fixed speed and acceleration settings via the Synaptrix, so there is no need to set your speed and acceleration values manually. I have some more testing to do regarding when these speed/accel values actually get applied, however, the profile itself is an overall improvement and worth trying imho.

**There may be some cases where the speed/accel values do not get applied without a profiler restart if you are using a combined FSD / profile ** I will update this thread after further testing is conducted.

Here is the video of the profile in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RMrq2Z2AuE

and here is the link to the starting post with profile: http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/post11617.html#p11617
  4. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
  5. Ferrari_Man

Ferrari_Man Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 5Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5, SimforceGT
    Hey..

I am almost ready to take my first ride in my sim with two scn5s, but it is 100mm. Can I use your profiles or is that a bad idea.

I only need to mount them on the sim. Right now the are just on the table for testing. I have used your video and tested my scn5 with the test plugin. Works great..

Ferrari_man
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Glad to hear the video was helpful.

You can use my profiles as a starting point, but I speculate that you will need to make a few modifications in order to achieve the best motion.

In particular, you may need to go into the output section of the Synaptrix, and reduce the acceleration percentage for both axis or possibly even the speed settings. It is not likely that you will need to adjust any other settings, but you will be the first to try this, so please post back and let us know how it goes.

:cheers:
  7. Ferrari_Man

Ferrari_Man Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 5Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5, SimforceGT
    Hey again..

Okay I will try your profiles. I planning on having the scn5 mounted in the weekend. ( I just need one more exam, and then I get a life again)

Ferrari_man
  8. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi! Bernard,

I tested with your GTREvo profile yesterday, and it was REALLY good! :clap:
    Great job!!!

I don't miss anything from my old SCM setup...
    Personally, I would say that long accel is more important than lateral accel.
    Whenever you put more emphasis on lateral than long, I swap both % numbers.

I little more punch on the longitudinal axis is a good simulation feeling while keeping the lateral movement somewhat limited will not disturb so much your steering wheel inputs.

In the end, I believe this is a personal taste and may vary. :?

Cheers,
  9. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    BTW, there was a new update on GTR Evo.
    Steam downloaded it yesterday and everything was STILL WORKING after it!

I guess SCM users might be in pain right now as their sims probably stopped working after the update! :thbd:
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you. You may be the first 100mm user to try it. As for swapping the lat/long, that may be necessary for a 100mm, but the 150mm seems to have plenty of movement without the swap. I will be getting a pair of 100mm actuators sometome in the next month or so, so I will build 100mm versions of the profiles then.

Thanks for the feedback! It's amazingly difficult to get.
  11. SimonME46

SimonME46 New Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you got me!
  12. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Simon,

You should leave the dark side of the force and convert your rig to X-sim... I am just amazed on how powerful Profiler 2 is and all the tools it provides! :clap:
    You won't miss anything behind!

Cheers,
  13. SimonME46

SimonME46 New Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I plan to come over to the light side, Master Yoda. Will hopefully post up a thread on what we do...any help greatly appreciated.
  14. SimonME46

SimonME46 New Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have come over to the light side. Garth (my developer) got it all hooked up today (we cut the simconbase cables). Both sets of SCN5's are working, we downloaded a Race07 profile and used this with GTR2, haven't actually cranked it up for GTR EVO as yet. My initial thought is that there is much less for & aft & lateral travel than under frex. I need to get my head around the travel limits etc before I go playing further with the settings to suit the game, however it is patently obvious that with a little tweaking, this will be just as good and indeed better (reliability) than Frex.

Garth also reckons that he has the speed outputs nutted, and so will be making up the boards for the speed linked fans over the next couple of nights.
  15. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Great news! :clap:

Remember that with X-Sim your actuators are protected against overtravel with a 25% range limiter.

Cheers!
  16. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    @Simon

before removing the limiter, keep in mind that BvillerJr' Race/GTRE profile is made for 150mm actuators. To get the same action with 100mm actuators, you have to adjust the effects. There are some ways to do that. Either increasing the effect on axis in %, or to set a lower max value for the effect you want to have stronger or with more travel.

Have fun!
    Christian