1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motorcycle simulator 2dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Racing, Jun 22, 2017.

1. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Anytime I see a project like this, with motors i had the same dilema: motors for leaning, breaking and bumps etc etc or without motors/actuatots so I have to move the bike to make it turn... Look at these guys (also Spanish) asking for support for their project Looks good but need polishing...
  2. Racing

Racing New Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello.
    It is very well the project gives pleasure to begin to move motorcycle simulators, as there are many for cars.
    My concept is more with engines and more simulate the real bike, style that has done Alex Criville with a company from Barcelona.

With springs to do the inclination you can simplify the simulator and remove a lot of electronics. With what you get lower price for sale.

I want to complicate myself a lot and we'll see if I can, jejejej.
  3. Racing

Racing New Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    If someone from Spain with 2Dof experience, 3Dof ... wants to help me, you could talk privately, to see if I give you the final advance and I see you move the project.
  4. Racing

Racing New Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello, sorry for not posting any progress.

I'm with the 2Dof movement system but it does not work for me.
    I plugged everything in and did a test to see if it worked separately and lasted 1min.

I need help from the community experience to see where the bug is and what solution there is.
    Used material:
    1- 24V 1000w Switched Power Supply: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Uni...-Power-Supply-Transformer-110V-220V-AC-to-DC- For / 32729099271.html? Spm = a2g0s.9042311.0.0.nMBODL

1- Arduino Uno
    2- H-Bridge BTS7960 43A
    1- Small reducer motor:
    https://en.aliexpress.com/item/Whol...12v-High-Torque-DIY-Robot-Rotating-Lock-Self/ 32358943700.html • spm = a2g0s.9042311.0.0.nMBODL
    1 - Reducing motor: 24V 150W Ratio 50: 1 60rpm.
    2- Potentiometers 10Kohm

I worked very little 1 min and everything stopped, I bought two other Bridge-H BTS7960 43A and it has not come to work at all, only turn in one direction.

I bought another H-bridge of more power http://www.ebay.es/itm/60A-High-Pow...er-Module/172015800469?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX % 3AIT & _trksid = p2060353.m2749.l2649.
    I can not make it work.

I have connected the direct motors to the switched power supply and if I move the motor well.
    I do not know if the power supply has a protection for short circuit and is the one that protects when the polarity changes the H-Bridge.

What is the problem? How can I test them directly?

I need help from the community

A greeting.
  5. MarcNSF

MarcNSF Marc

Balance:
    - 98Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  6. Racing

Racing New Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    The first test went straight to the power supply and it worked fine.

The first two IBT-2s will last less than a minute.
    These second IBT-2 only rotate in one direction.

The second test connected direct IBT-2 according to this scheme, guiraba everything in the same direction of rotation. According to reference page http://simulador-kaelh.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/un-simulador-tu-alcance-kaelh.html
    prueba IBT-2.jpg

The third test was according to the IBT-2 page: http://www.hessmer.org/blog/2013/12/28/ibt-2-h-bridge-with-arduino/
    tercera prueba.jpg

Do you recommend me a better H-bridge or that works better?

What is giving better results?

A greeting.
  7. MarcNSF

MarcNSF Marc

Balance:
    - 98Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Download the SMC3 to your arduino

Your h-bridge will work on Mode2

Just follow the instructions

Regards
  8. bitman

bitman New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Te he dejado un mesaje privado, me gustaría hablar contigo gracias
  9. bitman

bitman New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF

Hi, thanks for your opinion of the project it's very valuable for us, i´m the co-founder
  10. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    I think this belongs in the commercial area of the site. But good luck guys.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bitman

bitman New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    [QUOTE = "SeatTime, post: 140895, member: 9228"] Creo que esto pertenece en el área comercial del sitio. Pero buena suerte chicos. [/QUOTE]
    Estoy preparando un hilo en la parte comercial, no he empezado este hilo, sólo he tropezado al hablar sobre el proyecto y quería darle las gracias, pero lo siento
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  12. Racing

Racing New Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi, I've already got the H-bridge ibt-2 to move the gear motor with the help of this community.

I have configured simtools to receive the movements and parameters of the game in "Virtual Axis" in "Output Testing". I need the arduino code to communicate the h-bridge with the simtools and in turn with the simulator.

In this post https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...-and-2-pins-direction-hbridge-motomonster.67/ is the code for another h-bridge, but not for mine, the ibt-2.

The motor which is connected to the h-bridge, is thus connected to the potentiometer:

[​IMG]

Thank you very much for the help.
  13. dr.feelgood

dr.feelgood Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    481Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  14. bebop33

bebop33 New Member

Balance:
    - 32Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LeanGP - went NOWHERE. I was one of the original backers on kickstarter and they failed in getting it up and running, got a refund.