1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2 dof seat mover with cv

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Raredog, May 31, 2016.

1. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    I've upgraded to GTX1080 and SimTools 2.0 - awesome :grin

SimTools 2.0 works really well! The sim has now run for over a year without any problems, the wiper motors are surprisingly enough holding up to the abuse!:) 200+ hours in the sim with people from 6 year/20 kg to 71 year/120 kg and they never exceeds 45C in temperature - I'm impressed!

Is seems a bit funny that a homemade sim, made out of old junk just runs, but the new and shiny computer often require TLC (fidling, updating, downdating and so on...) to run as expected... :)
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Slider

Slider Active Member

Irrigation
    Balance:
    1,130Coins
    Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Impressive build, very well done. I like your temp readouts etc. What did you use as a sensor?
  3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    the Display comes with the temp probe. Those are dirt cheap like 1-2$ on ebay.
  4. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Yeps :)
  5. JonBakhol

JonBakhol Active Member

Balance:
    462Coins
    Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @Raredog. Wow. What a nice build!. clap clap

I am a noob at this point and started to build the top frame from Aluminium. And have a few questions (and more to come I'm sure).

First is the CV joint. I also have 1 that I wanted to use, but like you mentioned most people are recommending a U-Joint. So I bought one.
    When I look at the movements of both...I can't tell any difference. The CV-Joint only can move to front/back and left/right (and a combination of this of course). No rotation is possible. Just want to check if you think it will do fine, or do you also recommend the U-Joint?

Second: The wiper motors I have are from an Peugeot Expert, and seem to be okay. Mostly to the fact that they are from a business-car. And they seem to be quit tough. Can I ask what kind of wipers you use?

Third (and last for now :)): Because I'm going to use a Moto Monster board for driving the wipers, temperature is quit important...(Don't want to blow it to the moon) and the solution to get a Temp read-out on this is nicely done.
    I saw the cheap temp display's with the sensor. Did you " just" put them into your case where the JRK's and PSU are? Or did you mount them onto the JRK. In my case the Moto Monster board. I'm planning to put an heat-sink onto it and if the size is right I put a small heat-sink with a build in fan onto it (have to wait for the China postman to see what size they really are)

Again, nice build/room. Love the street fighter/ fridge combo...but If I start that conversation with my girlfriend, I am going to be single very quickly...hmm on the other hand....more space for a bigger Sim. :D

Ride on,

Jonbakhol