1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Better Motion in Replay ?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Ringorumble, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Hi, i was loading a replay with iracing, started it and was buffed what responsive,fine and .. feedback it gave on my 3dof. I startet the same Track / Car and drove again and checked back and .. Why is the Feedback in the replay so much better ?
    Performance Problems ?
    Should i try old school 2 PC set Up ?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Not really sure buddy.
    I would test another game.
    Like Live for Speed, as it runs in both the game and the replay.
    Does sound strange thou, as SimTools has no idea if its a replay or actually in the game.
    let me know how it goes!
    yobuddy
  3. Javo5

Javo5 Active Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Try sitting on the sim and let another handle the steering wheel, to be sure
  4. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    There were some remarks of @nclabs about the motion data being jaggy at low speed. I haven't been able to nail it down to his full satisfaction. The plugin forwards essentially just the data from the game. Maybe this is a similar issue? :roll
  5. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    I never investigated if there is some kind of difference between replay and live driving, but as @value1 already said, I noticed something strange on iRacing G data. At high speed it seems ok, but when you are running very low speeds, or in the transition between standing still and going, the motion became very jaggy and bizarre. I worked around the problem adding an high value of smoothing in SimTools, and that seems to balance the things correctly, but it's something we should not do normally. I'm open to test some other kind of plugin for iRacing, or even to learn how to do it on my own. I'm using an external plugin to analyse the telemetry data of iracing, and I don't see anything strange on the acceleration panel, not in the high speed nor the low speeds. That's make this even stranger
  6. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I have an explanation, but it works only if you have a lack of performance on your system. I noticed that when iRacing is running on replay mode it uses a lot less resources than in "drive" mode, I would say almost 50% less. This can free some resources for your simtool application, resulting in a better motion quality.
    • Informative Informative x 1