1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Windows Defender see Game Manager as Trojan :Win32/Rundas.B

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Meawto, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Meawto

Meawto Sorry for bad English ;'(

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    today my PC and my client has problem with Game Manager has disappear. :confused:

I have to remote to my customer PC and reinstall simtools again. but it's still has a same problem

1.png

2.png

and now i have to turn off window defender to solve this problem.

what happen ? :sos
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    It is just a false positive is all.
    Game Manager has the abilities to scan a games memory space so we can get the telemetry from games that don't supply any.
    He may have played a few different plugins that use memory hooking and it detected it is all.

To fix this problem, just add it to the exceptions list for windows defender.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...dd-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

Let me know how it goes buddy,
    yobuddy
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Meawto

Meawto Sorry for bad English ;'(

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    i'm add exceptions in windows defender and now i can play its :)

but i have to do for all customer hahaha
  4. Neman Ahmed

Neman Ahmed Member

Automation Engineer
    Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    is your defender updated?
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @Meawto,
    Or simply install avg free or avast, and be done with the problem.
    I service a lot of PC that use Windows Defender, never a good sign.

Once v2.2 drops, if there are still (false positive) problems, I'll look into submitting v2.2 to each of them for review.
    I really think its just the beginning of the new "Adaptive learning" technology all the antivirus companies are pushing as the next big thing.

I'm sure "Adaptive learning" technology will get better over time, but we will see it its fast enough for us. lol
    take care!
    yobuddy