1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SCN5 50mm stroke for seat mover

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Meawto, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Meawto

Meawto Sorry for bad English ;'(

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    i found this 2nd hand actuator in my country. they are very cheap 4000thb(118usd)

sadsad.png

i'm planing to make seat mover with this actuator.

is 50mm stroke enough for seat mover ?

i saw 50mm stroke is have more torque than 100m (15nm for 50mm and 10nm for 100mm)

anyone here made this before ?

thanks hug:
  2. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I AM ON THE VERY SAME PROJECT . i BOUGHT 3 OF THOSE . MAYBE I WONT DO IT (NOT SURE YET) . IF YOU NEED EXTRA 50 MM STROKE?

YES 50 MM IS PLENTY
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Meawto

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    did you use 50mm SCN5 ?
  4. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I just did the electrical part for now . I was waiting for the hardware to come from ebay and china before starting seriously .

I will be able to use the back but not the bottom as i beleve the motors are not strong enough but still need to try . also about the bottom, in my case anyway, i have no much room . servo are lower profile so maybe it is beter to lift the butt when room is small but this needs some experimentation
    • Like Like x 1
  5. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    hey meatow you bought a japonese ilk actuator . accoiding to the modelnumber. It is not an major issue, remeber the the ilk wire goes to the minus of the power
  6. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello. In my opinion 50mm stroke is too short. Keep in mind you dont want to use the whole 50mm of the actuator. But if you have them already thats ok you will enjoy them anyway, but I would think in this kind of design to get more distance... This clever guy had a few holes to get the most of his design and i guess he tried all of them until he got it right. <that system can reach more than 50mm per acturator...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Meawto

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    i'm not buy it yet

but thanks for the information :D

i will looking for 100-150mm for now hug:
  8. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Long ago Frex sold many systems with just 100mm stroke Now most people use 150mm But in xsimulator.de you will find a lot of cheaper designs as good as them for a lot of less money. Depends of your butched and skills. I am too messy and clumsy for arduinos and diy actuators but you see here really good stuff from people that are not ingeneers. If i could I would make 6 motors platforms...Good luck with your project!
    • Like Like x 1