1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Any Way to Reduce Noise of SCN6 Actuators?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Lasagna Smoothie, Jan 22, 2017.

1. PiaMan

PiaMan Active Member

Balance:
    607Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino
    I didn't see anyone mentionit but on the simexperience rig the scn are mounted to a bar that is mounted to your rig via rubber feet. This gives a little leeway for dampening and i suspect solves the actuator jump described here. I have certainly never had a corner jump on me. As fas as noise goes i dont find my scn rig louder than my worm gear. I actually prefer the squeaks to the slap of the worm gear backlash. Ive been meaning to do a comparison of the two rigs for sound.
  2. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Member

Balance:
    276Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    Prosimu 2 DOF. This is what I did, now be aware it isn't enough for me and I am determined to get them quiet. Wrapping them with sound deadener helped about 10% and these boxes helped about 20-30% I'd say. Tough part is you need to leave the inner part of box open a bit allowing for wing travel. Been running it like this since 2018......Still a WIP. Please don't mind the fabric, just something I was trying as my cat was actually chewing the insulation.

Thinking about pulling one of the actuators apart to see if I can make them quieter from the source.

Anyone out there figure out a way to get them real quiet?

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024