1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Resolved How to delete plugin?

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Tummie555, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Tummie555

Tummie555 New Member

Balance:
    - 27Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I went kinda impulsive with the pluginupdater and installed too many. How do I remove a "game" from the manager or do I need to reinstall everything?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    You can remove them from this path when SimTools is shut down.
    "C:\Users\(your user folder)\AppData\Local\SimTools\GamePlugins"
    (AppData is a hidden folder btw)
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. Tummie555

Tummie555 New Member

Balance:
    - 27Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick reply!
  4. Arazok

Arazok Member

Computer scientist
    Balance:
    731Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Guys, I tried to remove some plugins this way, but now the GameManager crashes when starting. Seems to be an index problem, Putting the dlls back into the plugin folder solves the crash.
    Any idea what todo ?
  5. Dirty

Dirty Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +864 / 2 / -0
    I have a somewhat related issue:
    When I install a plugin it shows up in C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\SimTools\GamePlugins :) However, I cannot update it to a newer version. When I drag a new plugin .zip onto the Plugin Updater I get a message that is was "installed successfully", but the .dll in C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\SimTools\GamePlugins is still the old one.

Deleting the .dll manually works fine and allows new .dlls to be installed. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here, but so far I would recommend deleting the plugin.dll from that folder before installing a new version.

Cheers, Dirty :)