1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question SMC3 not working? (YouTube)

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by JeepGunner82, Jun 2, 2017.

1. JeepGunner82

JeepGunner82 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    201Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

I am still unable to get this guy to work. In the video, I go step by step down the list there but to my dismay, the pesky motor just wont go!

Surely there is something I'm missing here?
  2. RufusDufus

RufusDufus Well-Known Member

Balance:
    15,603Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 8 / -1
    In your video if you look at the top left of the SMC3Utils you can see the three motors listed and beside each is a button saying OFF. You need to click them to turn on the motors.... but first make sure the POTs are somewhere near center (ie green line near middle of graph).

They have been switched off for safety because the POT feedback went outside the limits.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JeepGunner82

Balance:
    201Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hey thanks for the reply! If you go to 3.55, I did realize the motor was off and the limits were triggering it off, so reduced to max. Is there anything in the code other than comment out the mode to make adjustments to?
  4. RufusDufus

Balance:
    15,603Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 8 / -1
    No nothing else in the code should need to be modified if you started with the original code posted in this thread.

It looks like the SMC3 is running ok and trying to drive the motors - I can see the yellow PWM level is changing as required. The POT feedback seems noisy when it suddenly jumps to maximum - this is not normal. Maybe a lose wire or something not connected correctly. Do you have GND connected between POT and Arduino? and GND between Arduino and H-Bridge? Try to keep POT wires away from Motor wires.
  5. RufusDufus

Balance:
    15,603Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 8 / -1
    can you show the test code that made it work... is it still wired the same as with test code?
  6. JeepGunner82

Balance:
    201Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
  7. Marcos Loeps

Marcos Loeps New Member

Balance:
    178Coins