1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Frex hyperaxis 100 acuators

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Mku707, May 3, 2017.

1. Mku707

Mku707 New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hello! Anyone has tried FREX hyperaxis 100 acuators? Whats the difference with scn6 60kg 100mm? Im building a 4 motion platform for playseat f1 just a simple rectangular shape with a offset of 2" side and 3" front and rear from the seat. Attach the acuators on all 4 corners. Any suggestions what acuator ill use that comes with a kit? Thank you!
  2. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    i have frex hyper axis 100kg on my rig. i have put them in the corners.; they are in theory capable of lifting an extra 4okg each although they do slow down the heavier you get as would all actuators, but i have no issues. my rig is quite heavy

i wouldnt bother with a kit. you can just buy PSU's and rs 485 boards
  3. Mku707

Mku707 New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    IMG_8158.JPG IMG_8158.JPG hello crammy thank you for the info. Im now building a frame a temporary but this is not the frame il use for the hyperaxis 100. I will make it lighter by changing the it to 2x3 steel tubular. And attach the accuators actually is still didnt order it yet im afraid because this is my first time. And hyperaxis is the only choice i have aside from dbox. You think my platform will work? I willbe ordering the motion4 controller and all the parts from frex. Any suggestions i just want a motion that is smooth and accurate. Il send you the picture of ny frame. Help is greatly appreciated bro. Thanks! 40075
  4. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    i cant see a problem with it other than weight. mine is heavy and it works fine. the only trouble is that occasionally the platform only sits on 3 actuators for a split second so they cant be fixed to the floor. my first project was similar to yours in regards that i used an existing seat i had and made a frame for it to sit on. Shame your not in the uk as i made a new one and have put it down the end of the garden ready to scrap.
    my second rig i thought about a bit more and started from scratch. the only thing i used was the actual seat which i will be changing for a lighter one when i can justify the cost. the second rig i mounted the actuators upside down on a frame and the seat frame floats on top. i shall post some pics shortly to show you what i mean.
  5. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
  6. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    a few pics below but there are pictures and info in the topic

Attached Files:

7. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
  8. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    20170208_192100 resize.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Mku707

Mku707 New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi crammy! Nice info and nice rigs. However i dont have the knowledge like yours i dont have the skills to do like it espcially the electroinics and controllers. I just want an advice from you that is the easiest way for my playseat f1 to have motion. What actuator to use and software? I also found this awhile ago motion house actuators send you the image. You know where i can buy this? Thanks! Also would you recoment the hyperaxis100 or no? IMG_8221.JPG

IMG_8223.PNG
    You know where i can get these?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    I have no knowledge on those actuators im afraid. like you i never had the knowledge before joining this forum. i got all the info to build my rigs from here. before that i didn't have a clue what to do. you will find the people on this forum are more than happy to advise where they can. for me a motion sim was a only a dream until i found this place.
    i would recommend the hyper-axis for sure however the only down side is the noise they make but headphones or descent speakers hide this.
    If money was no issue i would happily go and treat myself to 4 d-box actuators but they cost about £ 20,000 uk and these cost me £ 3000 for 5.
    It can be an expensive hobby but its enjoyable when you use it. You can keep upgrading so when does it end. I had the same wheel and pedals as you and i thought that would be my last, but thanks to the forum they both got upgraded, and then a handbrake. Im also looking to buy a descent h-shifter when its released.
  11. Mku707

Mku707 New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think i will invest on the motion house actuators or motion gear i checked on youtube and seems the movements are okay and noise is little also they sell the whole frame for my playseat f1. How about screen size i am ordering triple 49" curved 120hz. What do u think its better curved or flat? IMG_8066.JPG
  12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Highly unlikely those 49's are true 120hz. Most likely thats an interpolated 120hz. Model number and ill check for you.

Curved would be better, but not 100% needed....you really dont see these small differences while in motion.
  13. Mku707

Mku707 New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello its a samsung 49" uhd 4k curved smarr tv model ku6300 series 6. Thanks! I know no video card can handle 4k but i will jst lower the resolution for my nvidia gforce gtx 1050ti video card.
  14. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ya its a Standard "interpolated 120hz"

As there's No 4k monitor's that do much above 60hz from what i know.(barring any crazy korean 20k$ display lol

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300
  15. Mku707

Mku707 New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello nick Any suggestion what tv brand do you remmend? My sey up is triple screen ser up for playseat f1 sim Racing. What model and brmd will you recommend that has 120h? Thanks!
  16. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

You wont get 120hz and 4k. Its just not gonna happen.

http://ca.rtings.com/tv is where you need to check for overall specs.