1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

USB<-->RS485 vs RS232<-->RS485

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by bvillersjr, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It seems that USB<-->RS485 is optimized for large transfers. Our application is many very small packets. The excerpt above makes me wonder if USB<-->RS485 may have greater overhead than RS232<-->RS485. Can anyone with knowledge of RS232 packet transmission please comment.
  2. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :sos:
    some questions:

this connector/converter is good?
    001.jpg

If no which connector/converter certainly works well?
    you could tell me where to buy it?
    or you cold me where to buy a pc tool kit original in Europe?

Thanks!!
  3. Ferrari_Man

Ferrari_Man Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 5Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5, SimforceGT
    This the adapter I use.

I have had no trouble at all with this adapter, it all worked plug n play. I have tested some different settings and posted the outputs speeds in the SCN5 software thread.

I think they are good compared to the price, but i think bvillersjr have some faster outputs. I no expert in this but they work good for me.

Ferrari_man
  4. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks!!!!! :cheers: