1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim profiler stops...help!

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by splendiddd, Oct 31, 2009.

1. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi guys,

I am having problems regarding the 'start' button in the profiler.
    The X-Sim software works great, but when i am in a race, let's say after 6 laps or so it returns to stop... now if i alt-tab the game and press the 'start' button again it works again.
    This is very annoying especially when racing online. (can't leave/pause the game while racing)
    The game is not the problem i am having it in every game, also i think it has to do with my interface settings
    So if you guys could post your SCN5 settings in X-Sim and in the driver i would be grateful.

I am using a converted frex SCM with 2 Devantech USB <-> RS485 Adapters.
    CPU E6600 2.4 intell core2duo. 2 gigs ram 260 GTX nvidia card.

Regards,

Rob
  2. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    have you the PNP detection in interface settings on?Make it off.
    By
    Nima
  3. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for the reply Niels, but the PNP is already off....
    It happens in X-sim 2.1.0.3 and also in the new beta 2.1.0.4

Maybe i should reinstall the software?
  4. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    you mast uninstall x-sim and delete the regedit x-sim.now install 2.1.0.4 new.

Attached Files:

5. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    I have the same problem for long time
    nobody has ever given solutions ... if someone has an idea to stop this problem I'm happy
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @SirNoName

What is the allowable delay before the autotrigger thinks that the game is no longer running?

I think that when a wireless card is installed on a Vista PC, even if it is not being used by the Sender, that when wireless re-negotiation occurs (due to a bad wireless signal), it causes a small freeze in the OS, which causes a delay in information getting from the sender to the profiler.

I have a poor wireless signal in my home. If is disable the LinkSys adapter, X-Sim performs very well. If I enable it, even though I do not use it for X-Sim, it causes loss of connection in the Profiler. Again, I think this is because something in the core of the operating system freezes up while the wireless card attempts to re-connect.
  7. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    The profiler stops while driving! and its already set to manual. and it stops random, so like after 10 min, 2 min, 20 min and so on.
    Maybe its something external, like a fridge on the same fuse turning on. i will test that. I will also test the profiler on a cheap netbook, and report back.

Thanks for the reply's guys :thbup:
  8. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I also have another question regarding GT Legends...
    With a race 07 profile only the right actuator works, GTR2 and EVO work fine with the same profile though.
    Somebody got this game working? i really miss it now its not working :(
  9. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I am using the profiler on the same computer.
    I am NOT using 64bit i use 32bit XP.

I know that they are the same, GTR2 works also with X-Sim, but GT Legends is not....

Thanks,

Rob
  10. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I used the reg tool to remove the regs of the x-sim profiler. and installed the software again.
    I tested it with some online racing for over 1 hour, and no stops!
    So i hope this is the solution, thanks sirnoname for the suggestions, if it fails again i will test that.

Regarding GT Legends, i will look into the profile.

Cheers,

Rob
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Doing this may have increased your artificial breaks which would have consumed less CPU resources. SirNoName may have been correct about your PC not being quite fast enough. It was either this, or the communications settings for the SCN5's. I can't think of any other reasons why resetting the registry entries could have an effect on this issue.

If you are a Commander user, the resetting of these settings will cause you some problems because your actuators will no longer be named properly.

Glad to hear that you got everything running again!
  12. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I think i was lucky this morning... after some races this afternoon it popped out many times.
    I did try to isolate the cpu cores, but that doesn't make any difference.
    I will try a second computer now....a netbook or a macbookpro.

You cannot let the 'start' button stay started somehow? when everything is running it works great, really strange this.

BTW: i cannot choose 11540 baud rate, only 9600....

Greets,
    Rob
  13. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Please try the following:

-Lowering the graphics quality settings in your game to improve your PC's performance
    -Enable VSYnc
    -Try with and without the auto-FPS feature of SimBin games

Please answer the following questions:

What is the send interval set at in the force sender?

What are your artificial break settings?

What are your task priorities?

Does this occur on one game or all games?
  14. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    i read alls information , i test with modification and give you informations...
    i think my CPU is just it works at 80/90% cpu :thbd:
    its a E6600 OC 3.4g and my CG :8800gt
  15. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Please try the following:

-Lowering the graphics quality settings in your game to improve your PC's performance -my cpu is about 60-80% because of my fast Nvidiacard gtx260
    -Enable VSYnc VSync is always on in my games
    -Try with and without the auto-FPS feature of SimBin games Don't really like the performance meter of simbin buti will test it.

Please answer the following questions:

What is the send interval set at in the force sender? 15 but i also tried the standard 50.

What are your artificial break settings? you mean in the scn5 settings window? i tried 1/0/70 and 3/3/100

What are your task priorities? Already tested from normal to realtime. but its mainly on high priority.

Does this occur on one game or all games? I play mainly GTRE and Dirt/RBR and it happens in all the games, but it is only a problem for me with online racing in GTRE.

Why can't i choose the settings in the device setup of the adaptors higher then 9600 baud? is this important? i saw in some screenshots from masteryoda's tutorial (FREX to X-Sim) that he choose 115200....

Thank you for your help!
  16. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This makes no sense. A good graphics card eases the burden on the PC's processor. It does not add to it. The whole point of the GPU is to offload graphics efforts from the CPU.

Vysnc should usually be off in order to get good simulator performance. I only asked you to turn it on because it would slow thingsd down and ease the burden on your PC for testing purposes. With VSync on, you will only ever get 60 frames per second, which means that the game will only update its physics engine 60 times per second, which utimitely means that you can only update your actuators at 60 times persond, vs the 250 times per second that X-Sim is capable of.

NO, I mean the break settings in the Program settings section. These are the settings that directly determine how much CPU the Profiler will utilize. I'm going to have to write up a tutorial about this because to few people seem to understand how to optimize their timing settings in general.
    As SirnoName already mentioned, X-SIm determines the baud rate so that settings doesnt really matter. However, depending on which adapters you are using, there are some other settings in the device manager that do matter such as timeout values and USB timing values. What adapters and OS are you using?

17. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thank you for all the answers, very clear! I will look into it this week and give you the break settings.

Regards,

Rob
  18. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Okay, i tested it last night, here is what i did:

I installed X-Sim 04 on my little Asus Eeepc laptop 900mhz intell, 2 gig Ram, Xp Lite, and installed the drivers for the usb com's.
    I used 4 ms artificial break, as suggested by Bernards optimized tutorial, put the task priority at realtime (all 3) and the cpu of this netbook was around 30 to 40 percent when driving.
    I have to say, this works much better and smoother, so a extra pc for the profiler is indeed much better :clap:
    This way i could also see what the profiler was doing if it would stop, and resume it again under a race.
    The profiler did stop while driving again, and when i selected 'start' again directly after it stop, it said sender not found! after a sec or so it worked again.

So the problem it seems is in the Force Sender on the game pc and not i the profiler!, it loses connection somehow...
    And i don't think it has something to do with my lan connection, because the problem was also when i did not use a second pc.

The send interval i tested it with was 15ms, i will completely remove x-sim from the game pc and install fresh one, and test it with the default 50ms.

BTW: my game pc is running GTRevo now at 120/150 fps, and the cpu load is around 60/70 percent. thanks for the v-sync tip Bernard!

Regards,

Rob
  19. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    The Devantech USB <-> RS485 Adapters and XP pro SP3. (on the game pc) on the netbook XP lite.
  20. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem. Does send interval have to be the same as artificial break?
    Extractor/Force sender is the cause of the loss of connection and freeze of the actuators.