1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Second edition 2dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by mrbeginner, Aug 30, 2016.

1. mrbeginner

mrbeginner Active Member Gold Contributor

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    Now over one year driving with my 2dof :
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...-2dof-is-better-than-no-movement-at-all.6809/

it's time to do new one and try to learn what i can do better and easier.
    I was thinking that i made 2dof and use PS4 for gaming and udp port to send data to mini PC:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-MINI-...824954?hash=item4b0552453a:g:-VUAAOSwqfNXnhDy

Reason is that i want to make small sim what is possible to use living room and after you play you can put it in corner and your better half don't even notice it...
    I was thinking to buy PS vr glasses when they arrive and that why i try to use PS4

But is it possible to use this kind of pc for xsim?
  2. mrbeginner

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    half year go by and i'm not sure where the time go... But now i have little more time to get this started. I plan to do different kind of movement in 2 dof. I like the look of that momo 3dof ( ) what is in front page and thinking to do that kind machine in smaller package and if possible it can use under different racingsims. But do someone know the answer in my first question? Can i use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-MINI-...824954?hash=item4b0552453a:g:-VUAAOSwqfNXnhDy for xsimulator?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,917Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Very small for gaming
  4. mrbeginner

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    I mean this pc only for simtools and take other pc or maybe ps4 to use gaming. Then i can put this in same box with motors and arduino.
  5. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,917Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    How would you get the data out from the PS4 game to SimTools on the other small computer ?

I'm sorry as this is the first time I hear that it's possible .
  6. mrbeginner

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. mrbeginner

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    Hi you all!
    Few years gone by and now i think it´s time to start thinking this new version sim again. My old version is still working ok so i dont have to rush this new one. Glad to see that here is many new project going on! Maybe i found more ideas of those.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Erik Middeldorp

Erik Middeldorp Member

sheet metal worker
    Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    That momo 3dof looks like it has similar movement to tahustvedt's first motion sim in the video in this thread: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/new-lighter-2dof-simulator.11118/
    I also like the look of it and am planning to build something similar. To me it looks like it might provide a better simulation of surge and sway and if I design the center of rotation to be at head position, should reduce the need for motion cancellation in vr. I haven't found any other sims using the same setup so it's neat to see another example.
  9. mrbeginner

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    • Like Like x 1