1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom My 2DOF with traction loss

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Machzatan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Machzatan

Machzatan New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Stop correcting "arive"l.
    I´ve started my sim interest just recently. First I bought a GtOmega chair, but very soon I discovered Xsim and realised I wanted a motion rig.

So here is my project.

I`d download a CAD program at MayTec and made my sketch

Sketch.jpg
    Size 190cm*85cm

I order from Motedis and it all did arrive few weeks later.
    Profile.jpg Screws.jpg

I choose aluminum profile Type I 40x40 and 40x80. I also bought a profile 40x160 with one blank side, this one is for my traction loss.
    4.jpg

I almost forgot, I`d order my actuators from Frex. I went with two Scn6 150mm and one Scn6 200mm, the last is for traction loss.

Some picture from the process.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg Pedal.jpg

And finally my first step was done.
    Step 1.jpg

to be continued...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Machzatan

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Here are the damper to my actuators, what du you think? In the last picture I`ve a rubber inside the bracket.
    Damp1.jpg Damp2.jpg Damp3.jpg Damp4.jpg

All damper.jpg

UJoint from a Yamaha driveshaft.
    U  J.jpg

And here a Flange Bearing center 20mm.
    Flange.jpg

I`d a mistake when I order it, I didn't notice it was a flexible bearing house. Anyway I`ll try to use this.

Wheel for the TL 80mm nylon with pivotal, do you think it work with pivotal?
    TL wheel.jpg

Here I`ve started to mount everything, the bracket for the actuators are made by a friend.
    Bracket inside.jpg

To tighten the actuators to the bracket I`d use V-Coil and 6mm bolt.
    Vcoil.jpg

I`m not intend to use any damper except the rubber in the bracket, for my traction loss.
    TL actuator.jpg Damp4.jpg Fasten TL.jpg TL up.jpg

Actuator mount.
    Bracket.jpg

Bracket inside.jpg

Bracket back.jpg

I will cut aluminum in right length when I`m all done, Maybe or probably I need to adjust some more.

Mounting seat. A funny thing just happened when I allready ordered my seat. My neighbor went by and was checking my progress, not the first time he went by and when he saw my new seat he said ohhh you shouldn't bought one I`ve two In my garage you can have @#$#@!$#@!$...damn! Anyway now I got 3 seats:confused:...maybe 2 more motion rigs I`ll ask my wife!!
    Seat.jpg Seat2.jpg Seat3.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  3. Machzatan

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I`d a BIG mistake when I mounted TL, I`d almost broke the actuator. I didn't mount the bracket adjustable I fixed the whole thing, only a pivot bolt on one side, BIG Mistake!! But luckily it all went well. Now I will rebuilt it with a pivot on both side.

Rig beh.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Machzatan

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Electric progress, of course I fixit nicely when I`m done, but for now I hide it.
    Electric.jpg Electric box.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Machzatan

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Tighten my shifter on a joint plate. And I will change to adjustable grip handle so its easy to change location/angle on pedal and steering wheel.
    Gear.jpg Adj grab.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Machzatan

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Almost, I will need two wheels in front, the ris is so flexible right now. I also need a plate for my steering wheel now its just temporary.
    Rig side.jpg
  7. Machzatan

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Bad picture but you can see dimensions.
    Dim.jpg
  8. That Dude There

That Dude There Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 1 / -0
    You need to brace that steering wheel mount.

Oh I see you have triangle braces...