1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Th8rs mods

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by f1iceman, Feb 17, 2017.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Hi just a quick way to mod your th8rs

This is the inside and theres a screw that comes with the th8rs you can turn to adjust feel.
    Now on the other side theres a threaded hole which will do the same thing.
    So add another balls spring adjuster and you can have double the control for feel.
    It notches the same in exactly the same hole.
    20170217_194818.jpg
    You can see the new one sticking out and you can also see it will stop the lever locator from bending as you can now balance to keep it centre.

Next is you can see both fitted. 20170217_194837.jpg

Now what else you can do here is buy diffrent grade ball springs to tune it even more see.

Next you can add some tension to the lever.
    You can simply add some kind of elastic or large orings ect.

Now the best easy way to do this is by adding screws to hole that are arady there.
    20170217_200722.jpg

As you can se theres 4 you can fit.

Now the cool bit to make this mod stand out from other mods.
    A. Its done from just taking the top gates off.
    B. Its not so hard on the elastic so can be protected abit from rubbing and snapping.

Now add a band like this.
    20170217_200821.jpg

This is where you can just keep adding bands depending on the feel you want.
    This will be trial and error and lots of different bands or what ever you use.
    The more you add then you might need small washers added to the screws to stop falling off you got a lil bit of room to play with but not loads.
    If you do need more space you could fit the screws from under and you have as much space you want but its a pain that way and fiddly.

Now all you do is put that bands over the lever shaft n its all good.

20170217_200851.jpg

20170217_200858.jpg

20170217_200903.jpg

20170217_200909.jpg

Now this is where you could get serious and see its got more load one side to the other due to the placement of the screw and the stick having 8 gates.

If like me you run 6 plus reverse you could just square the screws up to the centre resting gates to be abit more procise ect...
    But this is a very quick way to play n test.

The movement.
    To see how it works and what i mean about the screws and tension.

20170217_200940.jpg

20170217_200943.jpg

20170217_200951.jpg

See all fits back together as normal

20170217_201349.jpg

Hope this helps or give you more ideas or even find the perfect setup of what to actually use.
    This is just messing atm so not got it right as yet but soon as i do i will update with links to all the parts.

Now what it does is pull the dust cover up abit higher so needs could do with a small washer below the plastic cover where the stick screws in then it will keep it abit lower if needed.

Have fun everyone

As another update you can possibly add some small very strong magnets to each gear via attatching to the gate plate.
    That way it should clunk in and out of gear aswell, it might be worth me trying this via 3d printing it with mount to put the magnets into it.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Hi all i should be adding another new mod to this just not had chance as yet.
    But its badically going to be foam used for rev gear which will aid the issues going partway into the rev gate n catching it then missing gears.
    The foam will be level with the rev gate entrance and should aid 5th n 6th issues.
    Then to get rev you just do it as normal but squish the foam so will ad abit of resistance inicially entering rev gate.

Will try if get chance tonight and update.
  3. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,890Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,083 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino