1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Can't find Assetto Corsa in Game Manager

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by mikelefree, Feb 23, 2017.

1. mikelefree

mikelefree New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    52Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Simulator
    1. Commercial or DIY: T1000 3 Motion
    2. DOF (Number of axles ): 3 DOF
    3. Actuators (DIY, SCN5 etc.): SCN6

SimTools
    1. Version Number: 1.3
    Hello everyone, i have installed the old version of SimTools because it's the version that i have paid for, and i tried to install the Assetto Corsa plugin after formatting of my pc. After the popup that inform me about the successful installation of the plugin i can't choose Assetto Corsa in the GameManager and i don't know why.
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    @mikelefree,
    v1.3 was completely free?
    Who charged you buddy?
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. mikelefree

Balance:
    52Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    It was my mistake, i don't remember perfectly because it happened on last August. Maybe i paid to have the possibilities to try some plugins. Thanks for worrying about this, but the problem is another. Can you give me an advice to make it works?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. mikelefree

Balance:
    52Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Ok, i made a mistake after another. I tried to use the new plugin with the old version and that's the result, nothing works. Yesterday i paid for the versione 2.0 but still now i'm waiting for the license code.

The old plugin for Assetto Corsa makes the third actuator crazy on every little direction change, also on the straight, my seat is shifting too much from the left to the right and vice versa just moving the steering wheel 1° to the left or to the right. I hope this one solves this problem.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
  6. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Its your settings that are the problem with the 3rd actuator, not simtools. I guess you haven't set up the dead zone, smoothing and tuning centre properly. When i was first running traction loss i had the same issue making games unplayable with it. once set up properly it works well. I cant help with the actual settings though as i am not using traction loss at the minute as i built a new rig and have not bothered refitting it yet. There are posts on here how to set it up, so do a good search.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mikelefree

Balance:
    52Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Thank you for your advice, I'll try to follow your advice when i'll be able to use simtools again, now the only problem that have stopped me it's the license key, i'm waiting still now and after paid i wanna try with new version.
  8. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    no problem mate. while you are waiting for your licence key, reinstall version 1.3 and play with the settings. you are a gold contributor so can still download the correct plugin for that version. I think the main thing you need to sort first is the dead zone which is one of the filters. this will take out the instant left and right swinging as soon as you touch the wheel. without this mine literally used to bounce from one side to the other.
    • Agree Agree x 1