1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Doctor Kruntz 3 DOF Motion Sim by ProSimu

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Doctor Kruntz, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Yes... these are the exact measurements ;)
  2. Ian Rattray

Ian Rattray New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Could you provide the exact measurement of the rug? I too a ordering a t1000 3dof and will as you did build a platform to move it on. The rug seems to be the perfect size for the rigs platform ?

Thanks in advance
  3. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hi...
    these are the measures: 120 cm. x 95 cm. :thumbs
  4. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    To be more precise I add that the rug and the base (with the wheels) coincide.
    When the dynamic simulator is mounted for 3 DOF it turns out to be shorter than the rug (and the platform) of about twenty centimeters.
    When the dynamic simulator is mounted for 5 DOF it will prove to be of the same measures of the rug (and the platform).
  5. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Good news in conjunction with the arrival of the Saint Christmas...
    Very soon... photos of another great addition for my fantastic dynamic platform ;)
  6. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    ...and finally, here I am with the news :)
    A new steering wheel that is added to Logitech G27... the Simraceway SRW-S1 through Simulaje Quick Release adapter!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    A work day to adapt the SRW-S1 steering wheel at the Logitech motor unit following Simulaje directions and video instructions... and the game is done! :thumbs

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    ...and now everything is more engaging being able to rely on two interchangeable and different steering wheel.
    With a simple and quick act even more feeling and driving intensity... and with the fully functional LEDs (thanks to the FanaLEDs Software aid)! :cheers

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Ian Rattray

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    My T1000 x3 is up and running, had some issues which Patrick resolved in a timely manner. Went for the 5DOF controller and main actuators straight off to give and easier upgrade later if required.

"Borrowed" Aussie Stigs idea for the platform, made it a little bigger to account for the larger controller box. Am currently re wiring the box to include an on/off switch and run all the cables to the rear, for tidiness sake.

Will need some assistance from current owners for tweaks to the SimTool axis and game manager setups, the current presets are not going to do it for me, not getting the traction loss effect currently and will need to play. Any setups or suggestions would be appreciated.

Will post when all the electrics are plumbed and hidden.
  10. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    i cant comment on simtools v2 yet as i havent installed in on my rig pc.
    On 1.3 i have been playing with the traction loss abit. my tuning centre is 14, and the filters i have dead zone 5 and smoothing about 50%. its not perfect but getting better
  11. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    OK, but these days I'm totally focused on the new SimTools 2.0 version... its installation, configuration and new plugin addition :thumbs

P.S.: Please, when you have finished your work publish it in a new thread. Thanks ;)
  12. jonston5

jonston5 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 263Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

Hi Ian, I found that with the factory settings from Patrick the traction loss was non existent. what I ended up doing was increasing the axis force to 100 instead of the 30 as prescribed in the manual. And great idea with the on off switch its quite annoying that I have to turn it off at the power point. also the wires are way to short, the rear actuators are just reaching.
  13. jonston5

jonston5 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 263Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    How is it working for you so far? im still on 1.3 and I bit scared to make the jump.
  14. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    I have already made the transition from SimTools v1.3 to SimTools v2.0 - Professional Licence (now also updated to 2.1) and I can only advise you to change quickly, because with the new version the improvements are clearly perceptible!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bluerincewind

Bluerincewind New Member

Balance:
    300Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Doctor Kruntz, I've been thinking of buying the 2 or 3 DOF T1000, and following your thread with great interest, but as a newbie to the Simulator scene, can you give a view as to how easy (or not) is it to setup the Simtools software with the T1000? Does Patrick provide easy to follow instructions for this? Also, would you say that Simtools v2.0 is much more user friendly or easy to setup? Many thanks
  16. Bluerincewind

Bluerincewind New Member

Balance:
    300Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: Having done some further digging, I now appreciate that SimTools (v2.0) is separately licensed, which I have absolutely no issue with, and will happily buy a copy for home use alongside any T1000 rig, but I would still appreciate any feedback on how easy it is to setup for the T1000 system :)
  17. Ian Rattray

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    simtools set up... Do yourself a favor and read the FAQ section on this site WELL. Learn how to manipulate the game engine and profile editor, practice doing it. Simtools set up will be your responsibility, its not hard but complex, once you have a handle on it and setup a profile as described, its repetition.

Setting up the axis, there are basic instructions from Patrick, follow them carefully and input the correct numbers, imho education is your biggest asset here, there is a lot of information available, I use the FAQ section like a library....
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    OK virtual pilots friends,
    after some time devoted only to driving I thought it good to make a new addition to my dynamic station, and so here's a digital dashboard to make my immense passion for virtual driving even more immersive!
    A simple USB cable, a smartphone, a suitable application... the right support to apply to the steering wheel et voilà, that's it :thumbs

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  19. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    The software that I have chosen to use with my various simulation programs is SLIMax Manager Pro by EKSIMRacing.
    This is a PC software which interfaces through an app with android devices (SLIMax Virtual Dash Emu).
    There are also other programs like that, but I was pleased with this... there are no other particular preferences.
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  20. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Here below you can see the beautiful effect mounting the other steering wheel with the help of the Simulaje quick release...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1