1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

3dof seat mover 360 degrees traction loss/yaw

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by hartsa90, Sep 21, 2016.

1. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully those motors will do the job :( Keeping my fingers crossed! The kill switch for the movement will not be underneath but it will be hard to reach. Well yes it's almost underneath and will probably have to use my feet to operate it if necessary... Other kill switch is for the open sim wheel.

it's going to be more of an 180 than 360 due to space issues :D. And the software side I really don't know at this point, remains to be seen.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20170130_154858.jpg Have to install the software and start testing the fuctionality...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ericRacer

ericRacer You get old because you stop playing ! Gold Contributor

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    i am eager to see a video of your sim in action and read your feel about it ! nice work :thumbs
  4. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, afraid to plug in the power cord... Have to take the leap of faith today :grin
    Hopefully nothing get's broken or burned.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    How ya making out ? Is it Alive ?
  6. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It's alive:cheers but i Wired the third Pot on the wrong pin. So the motors Will not Stop spinning. I do not have Time to correct it today. Hopefully tomorrow. I measured the two Hall sensor and adjusted to 2,5v. Third Pot Is 10 turn 10k Pot adjusted to 5kohm... So all motors should be at Center Position.
  7. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Checked the wiring and everythin Is as it should be, but motors Will snap back and forth Extremely quickly when pot's are Turner few degrees from the Center. Changed the min Max Pot value on the arduino code but it does not help. Third motor Will not changed direction at all with the 10turn Pot.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    please upload a video of your SMC3 utility while while you are moving the motors.
  9. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Only had the arduino up and running. Did not send any commands to arduino. Simtools wasn't running. I was following Racing mat's instructions for initial start up.... I Will try to make a video.

Edit:
    Checked the wiring again and i can't find any faults, but i measured the 10turn Pot and it was faulty. Now the traction loss motor Works. Slowed down the motors by scaling down the pwm. It seems that the Hall effect pot's aren't working as those should. I might have to get 10k 1/2turn pot's for the seat mover motors.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  10. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It Works :cheersat least when testing with 10kohm pot's. Bad luck with the pot's tough. Ripped two pot's from g25 pedals and it turns out that the other one fuctions intermitently :(.
  11. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I had terrible signal noise so I had to rewire everything. All dir, pwm and pot wires are separated from 24/230V lines. Shielded wires for the pots and ferrites on the lines. Now the signal seems to be smooth. I hope I can start with simtools soon...
  12. hartsa90

hartsa90 Member

Balance:
    110Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20170316_201536.jpg Had to install fans to cool the motors. I also changed to SMC3 for better motor controll.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017